9 ~ influencer mode

Wearing the apron stylishly by tying it infront instead of behind, Jaemin was busy serving.

"Now tell me. You said you had something important to tell me." Winter urged when he came back to the kitchen.

"Oh about that..." Jaemin paused to think. "I forgot what it was."

"Na fucking JAEMIN! I swear..." Winter was beyond annoyed at this young man who played her around like some puppet.

First he told her to come to the restaurant. Then without a warning he handed her an apron while announcing in front of Ms Kim that Winter volunteered to help. Ms Kim was too glad and delighted for Winter to refuse.

The crowd reduced a few hours later, hence Ms Kim told Winter and Jaemin to take a break.

And like he owned the house, Jaemin climbed his way to Jeno's room. Winter tagged along awkwardly, not sure if it was appropriate to be walking into someone's room like that.

"Why didn't you tell me that Karina was hanging out with Jeno today? Such an important info." He asked out of nowhere grabbing a ball on the bed. "What happened to our deal minjeong? Are you even trying?"

Jaemin was mad at the fact that he wouldn't have found a better excuse than this to hangout with Karina. He wanted it to be as natural as possible, he didn't want to ask her out randomly, the chances of rejection were still high.

"Oh cut it out. You betrayed me first. You never told me that Jeno's favourite restaurant was in fact owned by his mother." She argued back. "I am convinced you did that on purpose."

"Yes I did. I needed to confirm something."

"What?"

"Well, to sum it up, one of his ex treated his mom nastly because, you know..." Jaemin revealed. "So I just wanted to see if all rich girls had the same mindset."

"Oh wow. So you were testing us, you little bitch!" Winter felt somewhat offended by his methods of assessment. Then she noticed how he brought up Jeno's ex without her fishing for it. She tried asking him about that on various occasions but he would just dodge it and claim that it wasn't in his place to tell her that.

According to Karina, your dating history said alot about you. If you had a bad history with dating, you are most likely harder to get. The more inexperienced a man were, the easier it was to lure him. If he was a playboy who cheated on his exes or stuff like that, then the more reason to break his heart.

"So, how many exes did he have?" She asked.

"Like two." He answered. "One from high school and another one last year."

Last year...

"Did something happen to him last year?" Winter asked suddenly.

"Did he tell you about it?" Jaemin stopped playing with the ball and turned to face her.

"No. He just mentioned that last year was a terrible year for him."

"Oh not bad. Minteor!" He high-fived her. "If he told you that much, am pretty sure he'll open up about it to you, don't worry."

"Really! You are making progress. That geek is a tough nut to crack. Especially after what happened last year, he completely shut off like some robot." He stood beside her.

"I'm glad it's you this time. I know you won't hurt him." Jaemin's eyes were filled with sincerity that made Winter feel guilty.

She started to second-guess if they should really go on with whatever they were doing. Maybe Giselle was right.