11~ Wish

After alot of crying and drinking, Karina found herself drowsy hence she eventually curled herself and fell asleep in a fetal position on the sofa that beared witness to her tears. An hour or so later, her phone rang and then the door bell followed. Her eyesight blurry and a splitting headache stung her temples as she squinted to look at the caller id. It was from Jeno. Before she could answer, the ringing stopped.

Her hair was all over her face, her scrunchy laying somewhere on the couch. "Arghh!" She stretched out yawning. "Who's here at this time?" She looked at her phone which stopped ringing. It was only a minute before midnight. The maids were all at their quarters, her manager wouldn't come at that time and her parents, Oh how delighted she would be if it was them. A faint hope that she immediately dismissed.

She walked lazily to get the door and instantly sobered up when she recognised Jeno through the door bell camera. "Oh. Is this why he called?" She gasped, she had assumed that he called to tell her he arrived home safely or something. Tying her up hurriedly and speeding up her pace, Karina was at the door in seconds.

"Just in time!" Jeno exclaimed as he looked up from his phone. It was exactly 00:00.

"Happy birthday, Yoo Jimin!" He smiled earnestly.

Karina couldn't tell if it was the lingering drowsiness or Jeno's blinding smile that had her momentarily rub her eyes. It wasn't a dream, yes she confirmed by gently pinching her right cheek.

"Why are you back?" She ushered him in after noticing how his hands were occupied.

Jeno turned back surprised. "I told you I'll be back. I am sorry it took this long, I was trying to find you a gift while they prepared the cake."

He carefully opened the box revealing a simple vanilla cake with sprinkle toppings. He placed the candles on and lit them. He came fully prepared.

"Come on, make a wish!" He gestured, staring at her like she deserved nothing short of the princess treatment.

She joined her hands together, closed her eyes to make a wish. A tear dropped as she did so, except this time it started with the right eye. She had a closed lips smile while she made her wish. A euphoric moment that would definitely go into Karina's best-moments-of-my-life diary segment. In fact it would rank quite high if not topping the list.

He clapped, cheered and made weird little noises as she blew the candles. "Happy birthday to you~" He started singing in his very deep manly voice making the childish song lose its charm.

"What did you wish for?" Jeno inquired curiously as Karina cut the cake.

"It's secret." She placed a finger on her lips feeding him the cake first.

"Whatever it is, I hope it comes true." His words genuine, and his gaze unwavering as he took a slice to feed her. He looked right into her eyes as if telling her that she too deserved to be happy. She could have petty silly wishes that no one cared to fulfill but she would still be fine. At least that's how she chose to interpret it.

"So Where's my gift?"

"Me?" He cocked his head slightly to the side and cupped his face so he presented himself as the gift. She laughed. The joke was right up her alley.

"Just kidding. Its not much but here." He handed her a scrunchy. "You like wearing them on your wrist."

"Yeah, you noticed?"

He nodded gently.

"So what's a celebration without beer?" Karina wiggled her eyebrows and smirked mischievously. There was no way she could handle the rush of dopamine in her head. Everything felt too good to be true. Perfect even. She needed some alcohol to deal with all that. What if morning came and it was all a sweet nice dream.