33: Your mine

1

1.9k

Isadora's anger boiled over as she stared at Vader, her voice trembling with fury. "You betrayed me," she spat, her words dripping with venom. "You killed my mother."

Vader's eyes widened in shock at her accusation, his mask betraying no emotion as he struggled to comprehend her words. "No," he said, his voice barely more than a whisper. "I would never... I didn't..."

But Isadora cut him off, her voice rising with each word. "Don't lie to me," she hissed, her hands curling into fists at her sides. "I know the truth. I saw you with Chancellor Palpatine. You were discussing her death, planning to cover it up."

Vader's expression darkened as he realized what had happened. "Palpatine," he growled, his voice filled with contempt. "He lied to you, Isadora. He used you to turn you against me."

Isadora's heart sank at his words, a cold realization washing over her. She had been manipulated, deceived by the very man she had trusted most. And now, here she was, faced with the painful truth that she had been wrong all along.

Tears welled up in Isadora's eyes as she looked at Vader, her anger giving way to sorrow. "I'm sorry," she whispered, her voice choked with emotion. "I didn't know..."

Vader reached out to touch her face, his gloved hand gentle against her cheek. "It's not your fault, Isadora," he said softly. "You were deceived, just like I was."

And as Isadora looked into the eyes of the man she had once loved, she realized with a sense of relief that there was still hope. Hope for redemption, hope for forgiveness. And as she reached out to touch his hand, she knew that together, they would find a way to overcome the darkness that threatened to consume them both.

Tears streamed down Isadora's face as she pleaded with Vader, her voice trembling with desperation. "Please, Anakin," she begged, her words barely more than a whisper. "If you ever loved me, let me go. Let me go and I'll never bother you again."

Vader's mask betrayed no emotion as he looked at her, his features hidden behind the cold metal. "I can't," he said, his voice heavy with regret. "I can't let my personal feelings cloud my judgment. Not anymore."

Isadora's heart shattered at his words, the weight of his rejection crushing her spirit. "But I love you," she whispered, her voice filled with anguish. "I'll always love you, no matter what."

Vader's mask remained impassive as he turned away from her, his cape swirling around him like a cloak of darkness. "It doesn't matter," he said, his voice distant.

And with that, he left her alone in the darkness, her heart heavy with sorrow as she realized that she had lost him forever. She had lost the man she had once loved, the man she had thought she knew. And now, there was nothing left for her to do but accept the harsh reality of their situation and move on, no matter how much it hurt.