12: You like the view princess?

2

2.5k

As Anakin stood in the dimly lit hotel room, the soft sound of running water from the shower filling the air, he couldn't shake the feeling of unease that gnawed at his insides. He glanced down at his hands, still tingling with the residual adrenaline from the encounter with the bounty hunter. Blood stained his fingertips, a stark reminder of the violence that had unfolded just moments before.

As he reached for a damp cloth to clean himself off, Anakin's mind drifted back to the events of the evening. The sight of Isadora flirting with the bounty hunter had ignited a fierce jealousy within him, a feeling he hadn't experienced in a long time. It was irrational, he knew, but he couldn't help the surge of possessiveness that had coursed through him at the thought of another man touching her.

And then, when the bounty hunter had made his move, Anakin had acted without hesitation, his blaster firing off a shot that ended the man's life in an instant. In that moment, as the blood sprayed across Isadora's skin, Anakin had felt a strange sense of satisfaction, a twisted satisfaction at having eliminated a threat to her safety.

But now, as he stood alone in the aftermath of the chaos, the adrenaline fading and the reality of what he had done sinking in, Anakin couldn't help but feel a sense of emptiness wash over him. He had become cold, he realized, colder than he had ever been before. The warmth and compassion that had once defined him seemed to have been extinguished, replaced by a hardened shell of indifference.

As he scrubbed the blood from his skin, Anakin couldn't shake the feeling of guilt that weighed heavily on his conscience. He had taken a life, extinguished a spark of existence without a second thought. And while he knew it had been necessary to protect Isadora, the memory of the man's lifeless body haunted him, a reminder of the darkness that lurked within him.

But even as the guilt clawed at him, a part of Anakin couldn't deny the rush of power that surged through him at the memory of the kill. It was a reminder of his strength, his ability to protect those he cared about at any cost. And as he heard the shower turn off in the other room, signaling Isadora's return, Anakin braced himself for the difficult conversation that lay ahead. He knew that the events of this night would haunt him for a long time to come, but he also knew that he couldn't let them consume him. He had a duty to fulfill, a mission to complete. And no matter what lay ahead, he would face it with the same cold determination that had driven him to pull the trigger tonight.

As Isadora stepped out of the shower, her damp hair clinging to her shoulders, she couldn't shake the whirlwind of emotions swirling inside her. She was still reeling from the events of the evening, the adrenaline of the encounter with the bounty hunter still coursing through her veins. But more than that, she was consumed by a burning curiosity about Anakin's actions.

"Why did you do it, Anakin?" she demanded, her voice tinged with frustration as she dried herself off. "Why did you pull me away from him, only to push me against the wall like that?"