17: Touch me and tease me

2

2.2k

Isadora lay on the hard floor of Anakin's spartan bedroom, her body curled into a tight ball, her mind a whirlwind of conflicting emotions. It had been a week since she had accepted Anakin's offer to stay at the temple, and yet despite her initial hopes, nothing had changed. If anything, her situation had only grown more complicated, more fraught with tension and uncertainty.

As she drifted in and out of a fitful sleep, Isadora couldn't shake the feeling of unease that gnawed at her insides. The events of the past week had left her feeling raw and exposed, vulnerable in a way she had never experienced before. And at the center of it all was Anakin, his presence a constant reminder of the turmoil that churned within her soul.

Their relationship, if it could even be called that, had deteriorated into a never-ending cycle of bickering and argument, each exchange leaving Isadora feeling more frustrated and alone than ever before. Gone was the fleeting moment of compassion she had glimpsed in Anakin's eyes, replaced now by the same cold indifference that had characterized their interactions from the beginning.

As she lay there in the darkness, listening to the soft sounds of Anakin's breathing as he slept in his bed, Isadora couldn't help but wonder if she had made a mistake in coming here. Had she been foolish to hope that things could ever be different between them, that Anakin could ever see her as anything more than a burden, a nuisance to be tolerated?

But even as doubt gnawed at her resolve, Isadora knew that she had no choice but to press on, to endure whatever trials lay ahead. For despite the pain and uncertainty that plagued her every waking moment, she was determined to prove herself worthy of the title of Jedi, to rise above the petty squabbles and personal vendettas that threatened to consume her.

With a sigh, Isadora closed her eyes, willing herself to find some measure of peace in the midst of the storm. She may be sleeping on the floor of Anakin's bedroom for now, but she refused to let herself be defined by her circumstances. No matter what challenges lay ahead, she would face them head-on, with courage and determination, for she was a Jedi, and nothing could ever change that.

As the first rays of dawn filtered through the window of Anakin's spartan bedroom, Isadora stirred from her restless slumber, her body still sore from sleeping on the hard floor. With a groan, she pushed herself into a sitting position, rubbing at her tired eyes as she tried to shake off the remnants of sleep.

Anakin, already awake and dressed in his Jedi robes, watched her with a smug expression, his arms crossed over his chest. "Rise and shine, Padawan," he said, his tone dripping with sarcasm. "We've got training to do."

Isadora scowled at him, her irritation simmering just beneath the surface. She had hoped that the events of the past week might have softened Anakin's demeanor, but if anything, he seemed more determined than ever to make her life miserable.