Xiaother 💌 🧸

Love Between Worlds

Aether POV:

There were three worlds. The world of mortals, the world of demons, and the world of saints. Aether was born in the world of Saints. He was an angel, favored by many, including Barbatos himself.

Xiao was born into the world of demons. He was considered a monster, feared by many, treasured by Morax as a champion upon his armies.

For the last 100,000 years, the world of angels and demons had been adhered into war, yet despite the bloodshed and chaos and tyranny, the two had still fallen in love. It was still incredible to both of them how they had found romance in such dire circumstances.

Now, here they lay in Aether's house, on his bed with the white comforter. Plants hung from the ceiling and the sun shown on both of their bodies, snuggled against each other, forgetting about the wars and problems of the world. They had each other, that's all that mattered.

Aether let out a heavy breath as he wrapped both his arms and wings around his boyfriend, making the short demon stir a little and tighten his grip around the blondes waist. The angel would blush and smile a little at the action, leaning his face down and pressing a kiss to the top of his boys' head. Xiao's hair smelled good in Aether's opinion, sure, it had that faint, lingering musk of smoke and blood, but it also smelled of vanilla and, well, Xiao, which was soothing in itself.

"Aether..." The demon mumbled, pulling himself closer and burying his face against the taller boys shoulder. "Stop moving so much"

The angel chuckled softly and nodded a little.

"Sorry love" he whispered, bringing one of his hands from the Yaksha's waist to his face, tucking some of Xiao's fluffy hair behind one of his slightly-pointy ears.

Xiao let out a small, sleepy grunt, but he ultimately leaned into the touch, turning his head a little and pressing a kiss to Aether's palm.

"Is something on your mind?" The Yaksha whispered before yawning.

Aether was a little confused by the question as he shook his head.

"No, do I seem tense or something?"

Xiao was quiet for a moment before nodding a little.

"I guess... I don't know, your energy feels a little negative, you know I pick up on that." He mumbled, bringing a hand up to rub his eyes, smudging his eyeliner a little. Aether would fix it forever him later. "What's troubling you, my dear?"

"I'm not sure..." He replied, averting his gaze to his white feathered wing that rested atop him and his boyfriend.

"You don't need to lie"

Aether sighed and closed his eyes for a moment before shifting his gaze back to his lover.

"I guess I've just been overwhelmed recently... though I can't really say why, I've just felt on edge..." he spoke, his voice was slow as he tried to put his thoughts into words "It feels like something's nagging at me, but I can't tell what it is..."

"It isn't me, right?"

That question threw him off even more as he shook his head and hugged his boyfriend tighter.

"Of course not, it could never be you" The blonde assured, pressed a few kisses to Xiao's forehead, making sure to kiss the small, purple diamond in the center of "it's mostly stuff at the church, it's all just so overwhelming... thank the stars above I have Barbara to help me with everything"

The demon nodded a little, scooting further up so he could pepper a few kisses across Aether's neck, making the angel tilt his head a little and let out a few content hums.

"I may be hellspawn, but let me know if I can help" Xiao said as he pulled away from the angels freckled neck.

"Thank you... b-but stop calling yourself that, it sounds derogatory" Aether muttered as he held his boyfriend's waist, rolling himself on top of his shorter lover.

"It's true" His partner argued, letting his hands slip under Aether's sweater, resting his calloused fingers against the soft skin of the angels back.

"Stop it anyways" The blonde huffed and pushed himself up a little, propping himself up on his elbows "Can I fix your eyeliner? It smudged"

Xiao nodded and smiled a little. Aether knew his boyfriend loved when he helped him with his make up. So, reluctantly he climbed off of him, making his way to the bathroom to grab the Yakshas eye liner and some makeup wipes before returning back to the room. Xiao was already sitting up, so Aether was able to sit right down on his lap, grabbing one of the wipes and starting to clear away the smudged cosmetics.

The demons hands were quick to find their way to the angels hips, holding him steady as he sat on top of him. Aether would continue to clean off the other boys face while Xiao held onto him. The blonde angel liked the way his boyfriends scarred hands could never really stay still, they would always be moving, whether it be tapping against his freckled skin or moving around to different part of his body, his shoulders, ribs, his waist, hips, his thighs or his knees, he loved it all the same.

Once Xiao's face was cleaned off, Aether would toss the used wipes into the trash can by the bed before peppering kisses across his lovers face, making the demon let out a whine of both contentment and embarrassment.

Now Aether could start reapplying Xiao's eyeliner, gently grabbing his chin and tilting his head to the side before tracing a line with the red liner. He smiled at Xiao whenever he caught his boyfriend sneaking occasional glances at him, pressing a kiss to the Yaksha's cheek each time.

It didn't take long for the angel to finish his partners makeup, and soon enough he was capping the pen and setting it and the wipes on his nightstand.

"There, now you're all prettied up again" Aether grinned, cupping the shorter boys cheeks in his hands and littering his pale face with kisses, making it turn about as red as his eyeliner.

"Sh-shut up" Xiao groaned and pushed the angel away, looking up at him with mock annoyance, though he couldn't hide the playful glint in his eyes "Besides, aren't I always pretty?"

"Hm, I guess that's true" The blonde hummed, leaning towards the Yaksha, letting out a delighted hum when Xiao did the same and met his lips for a kiss.

The kiss was sweet, and eventually they pulled away (albeit reluctantly). The two of them had laid down again, though this time they didn't sleep, instead they cuddled in silence, simply enjoying the presence of one another.

————————————————————————

This was totally inspired by a reel I made a couple months ago lmao