Physical Exams and Period Talks

Luna's POV
When Calum asked if I was sexually active I could feel my cheeks turning red. It was kind of embarrassing and weird. When he asked about my period I felt myself grow red again but this time I didn't answer his questions. Then when Luke told me to answer the questions I said no. It was embarrassing and uncomfortable.

I could sense Luke was maybe getting a little annoyed because he asked me why I didn't want to answer the questions I told him it was because it was embarrassing. After he told me that they had heard it all before and they just wanted to know to make sure nothing was wrong I decided to look at Laura she smiled and nodded which made me feel more comfortable so I decided to answer the questions. "Umm... it's whatever I guess" I said. Calum gave me a sympathetic smile and said "mhm, what exactly do you mean by it's whatever. Do you get cramps? Do they last longer? Is it a heavy flow?"

I mumbled and said "yea, I get cramps. Sometimes they last long and I have a heavy flow" they all gave me a sympathetic smile and  Calum said "okay when was your last period?" I rolled my eyes and said "im currently on it ...again" I mumbled that last part really quietly in hopes that no one heard. But of course I was wrong and someone did hear. Luke spoke up and said "what do you mean again?" I looked at him and said "well I had already gotten it this month, but then I got it again during movie night" I said as tears started to form in my eyes.

I had been struggling with my period for a couple of months now but Laura wasn't aware that it had been for more than 2 months. Luke looked at me and said "it's okay sweetie! Ashton's going to help us get this all sorted out." I was kind of confused because I didn't really know what kind of doctor Ashton was. I decided to ask so I said "wait, why Ashton? What kind of doctor is he?" Cal and Luke both replied and said "he's a gynecologist which means he specializes in women's reproductive health." I responded and said "oh, okay".

Michael's POV
Once they went through all the questions it was time to start the actual exam. Luke smiled at her and said "I'm just gonna take your blood pressure" she was fairly calm and didn't fuss. After Cal gave her a smile and said "Alright sweetheart, I'm just going to check your eyes, ears, nose and throat". She nodded and Calum said "Alright! Just look straight ahead for me". He checked the dilation of her pupils and said "looks good, now just follow my finger with your eyes" she did as told. He checked her ears and nose and then moved to her throat. Once he was done checking her throat he felt down her neck.

Due to her medical history both Cal and Luke decided it would be best for both of them to check her lungs and heart. "Alright sweetheart both Luke and I are going to check your lungs and heart okay?" said Calum. Luna nodded and did as said when they told her to breathe in and out. It was now time for them to check her stomach. Luke spoke up and said "Okay sweetie! I'm gonna have you lay down whenever you're ready so I can check your tummy".

Luna laid down hesitantly she lifted up her shirt so that Luke could access her stomach he started to press down gently and Luna's breathing started to become heavy. I went to her side and said "Hey, hey it's okay he's not going to hurt you." Luke gave her a small smile and she nodded her head. Once he was done checking her stomach I went over and said "I'm just going to check your ribs kiddo" she nodded and I started pushing gently. "I'm just gonna get a quick x-ray and then I'll just check the rest of your reflexes" I said. Luna nodded and said "okay" I quickly got the X-ray and then finished up checking her reflexes . I gave her a huge smile and said "your ribs healed nicely and everything else looks great!"

Lunas POV
After Michael was done I sat up and we waited for Ashton. Shortly after Ashton walked into the exam room he smiled at me and said "Hi sweet girl! How are you?" I smiled at him and said "I'm good" he then proceeded to ask Calum and Luke why he was paged. Calum explained and Ashton gave me a sympathetic smile. Ashton sat on a rolling stool next to the bed with a file in his hands and said "Alright sweet girl! So how long has this been happening for?" I looked down to my hands playing with the bracelets that I had on trying to think about the first time it happened before saying "like 4 or 5 months".

I could feel Laura's eyes staring at me but I was too scared to look at her so I just kept fiddling with my bracelets as Ashton continued to ask questions. Once he was done asking questions he looked at me and said "Ok! Is it okay if I check your tummy?" I shook my head and said "no" he gave me a sympathetic smile and said "how come?" I looked at him and said "L-Luke already did that". He tilted his head to the side gave me a small smile and said "I know sweet girl, but I just want to double check. I promise I'll be as gentle as possible". I gave him a small nod and I laid down on the exam table.

Ashton came over to my side and said "Ok, could you please lift your shirt up a little and lower your waistband" I did as said he then proceeded to feel around my stomach pressing more firmly as he reached my lower tummy. Once that was over I sat up and he said "Okay, so nothing seems out of the ordinary but I am going to give you a prescription for Birth Control, it should regulate your cycle. I want to see you for a follow-up appointment in 1-2 months, but if you're still having problems by then we can look into it further". I gave him a small smile and said thank you before he left to see other patients.