Silent Crying and Embarrassment

Laura's POV
Today was the day that Luna had her doctors appointments. We Had to be there early since her appointment was at 8:30am. It was now 6:30am so I decided to wake her up. Before Calum left last night he let me know that she would be needing bloodwork, immunizations and possibly a lumbar puncture. This was going to be absolute hell for my sweet Luna.

"Luna baby, it's time to wake up. W shave ti be there at 8:30 and I know it takes you a while to get ready. She woke up and said "5 more minutes" I caved and woke her up once those 5 minutes were over. "Good Morning baby, it's time to get up" I said. She looked at me and mumbled "Good morning" she then proceeded to get out of bed and started to get ready. Once she was ready I gave her some breakfast and then we headed out.

During the drive to the hospital I blasted her favorite songs in hopes to ease her anxiety. We finally arrived and I could see that she was about to panic. I kept telling her that everything was going to be okay. After a couple of minutes I was able to coax her out of the car. I somehow managed to get her inside the building and we headed to pediatric ward of the hospital. I signed her in and we took a seat in the waiting room, she was crying silently. Shortly after Calum called her name, he took notice of the situation.

Calum's POV
Usually the nurses would call the patients back and take their vitals but I felt it would be better to do that myself considering Luna's fear. I grabbed her file opened the door and said "Luna Gutierrez" I scanned the room and saw that she was seated on a chair crying silently as Laura was trying to get her to stand up. I quickly went over and said "c'mon sweetheart let's get you inside". I gently took her arm and led her to the exam room where Luke and Michael were waiting.

Michael and Luke immediately took notice of Luna and greeted her. Michael approached her and said "Hey! Kiddo come here" as he extended his arms out to give her a hug. She sunk into his embrace and started sobbing into his chest. Michael stroked her hair as she was crying never letting go of her as he whisper "it's okay, you're okay" over and over. Once she stopped crying she let go of Michael and said "sorry" we reassured her by telling her that there was nothing to be sorry for. Luke and I quietly discussed if we should do the bloodwork, immunizations, and lumbar puncture at the beginning or the end. We came to the conclusion that it would be best to do it towards the end.

Luke's POV
After Cal and I discussed the course of action it was time to start. We had a couple of hours blocked off so that we could go at her pace and make her feel as comfortable as possible. "Alright! Luna Sweetie, do you think we could get your height and weight?" I asked she nodded and I motioned for her to step on the scale she did as said and then I had her back up against the wall "just stand nice and still so we could see how tall you are" I said. She nodded and then I took her height and said "good job".

"Could you hop up on the bed please, whenever you're comfortable" I said. Luna nodded and hesitated for a bit before sitting on the bed. Cal came over and said "okay sweetheart, we are going to start out with some questions" Luna nodded and Calum said "okay so I just need to to confirm your full name, and date of birth". Luna replied and said "Mariana Luna Gutierrez and my date of birth is September 21 2004" Calum gave her a smile and then asked "Do you partake in any form of drugs or alcohol?" She replied and said "No"

Calum wrote down her answers and then asked "Do you sleep for at least 8 hours every night?" Luna nodded and replied "most nights" Calum wrote down the answer and then asked "Are you sexually active or have you been in the past?" Luna's cheeks turned bright red and said "No and No". "Alright! Last couple of questions sweetheart" said Calum. Luna nodded and Calum asked "How is your menstrual cycle? Have you been having any issues?" Her cheeks turned bright red again and she didn't respond.

I looked at her and said "Luna sweetie, could you please answer Cal's questions." She shook her head and said "no" I looked at her and said "could you tell us why you don't want to answer?" She looked down and said "it's embarrassing" I gently placed my hand under her chin and tilted her head up so she was looking directly at my eyes. I smiled and said "it's nothing we haven't heard before. I know it can be a tough topic but we need to know so that we could help you of something's wrong" she looked over to Laura who gave her a small smile and reassuring nod.