Chapter 4: Smithing Meeting

"Wow, the city of Dwargon is incredible! Everything here is so advanced compared to the goblin village" Rimuru exclaimed, marveling at the technological advancements of the city. Rimuru couldn't help but imagine how beneficial it would be to introduce power generators to their own village.

Back in the village, Y/N's shadow soldiers toiled tirelessly, constructing sturdy buildings to accommodate the goblins and wolves. The village was rapidly evolving into a bustling town, thanks to their fast and efficient work.

Unbeknownst to the duo, the shadows were also busy constructing a large statue of Y/N wielding impressive blades, with a miniature Rimuru that was being made as Y/N held them. It was intended as a secret gift, to be placed in the city square which was a plan influenced by Beru's meddling.

"𝓞𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓮𝓼𝓽 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝔂 𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓰𝓮!" Beru remarked proudly as he observed the orcs and other mutant shadow races working harmoniously on the statue.

"This way" instructed the guard, leading Rimuru and Y/N closer to their destination.

"Don't wander off" the guard warned playfully as they navigated through the bustling stalls. They passed vendors of various races selling an array of goods, including food, bags, mining equipment, weapons, potions of varying quality, and armor.

After walking for some time, they paused to peer into a store window, admiring the gleaming weapons displayed within. Rimuru commented on the intricate details of the armor and weaponry.

Supposedly, the blacksmith responsible for crafting a sword that emitted a faint glow was the one mentioned by the guard.

Moving away from the bustling streets, they entered a modest building, the very place Y/N had his eyes on after observing the blacksmith's skills from afar.

"Hey, bro, you busy?" the guard called out as they entered, catching the attention of a hardworking dwarf hammering away at a blade to shape it.

"Give me a sec" the dwarf replied, pausing briefly to acknowledge their presence. The guard then introduced them to the blacksmith. "This is Kaijin, my older brother."

Kaijin positioned the blade over a patch of lava to increase its heat, allowing it to rest. At that moment, the same three dwarves whom Rimuru's potions had saved earlier arrived, carrying equipment and materials.

"Do you know each other?" Kaijin inquired, noting the familiarity between the dwarves and Rimuru. The dwarves affirmed, mentioning that Rimuru was the one who had provided them with the potion that had saved their lives. Kaijin regarded Rimuru with a smirk, acknowledging their contribution.

"I've heard a lot about you" Kaijin said, pushing his steel goggles up to his forehead as he sat down and bowed his head toward Rimuru, expressing gratitude for saving their lives.

Rimuru felt a mixture of embarrassment and joy. "Oh, come on now, you're making me blush. It was nothing, really, or was it?" they responded playfully, giggling.

With the pleasantries exchanged, the conversation shifted to the main topic. "So, what is it that you need?" Y/N addressed Kaijin's question, outlining the requirements for their base/village.

"I see... I'm sorry, but I'm too backed up to help out, thanks to that dimwitted Minister. I now have more work than I could possibly handle" Kaijin replied, frustration lacing his tone.

Rimuru inquired about the reason behind the overwhelming workload, prompting Kaijin to explain about a potential war on the horizon. The minister demanded 20 longswords by the end of the week, a request that seemed impossible given Kaijin's current situation, he had only managed to complete one sword and lacked the materials to make another.