Chapter 2: Co-Exist

As a day passed since the direwolf pack acknowledged Rimuru and Y/N as their leaders, tensions remained high among the goblins, though they managed to keep themselves composed. The wolves now obeyed the commands of their new rulers, standing alongside the goblins in the center of the camp.

Rimuru was placed atop a tree stump, with the village elder to his right and Y/N to his left. Y/N turned to the elderly goblin, noticing his trembling form as he clung to his walking stick.

"It would be best to have a healthier and stronger leader, more capable of leading the goblins and the dire wolves. Staying here to lead them may not be the wisest move while we gather information on this new realm. However, I will need a base of operations. Having Beru or Bellion construct another castle would draw unwanted attention from unknown enemies" Y/N pondered silently as Rimuru began to explain the current living situation.

Though it was a humble beginning, trust would be essential. Remarkably, the dire wolves and goblins appeared accustomed to each other, a bond that Y/N found unnatural given his unfamiliarity with the relationships in this world.

Rimuru addressed the confused crowd, instructing them to form groups of two. After some time, each goblin began to pair up, and Rimuru continued speaking.

"Yesterday's enemy is today's friend. From this day forward, I want you all to work together and get along. Understood?" Rimuru's words were met with unanimous nods and a chorus of understanding from the assembled crowd. "Yes!" they responded in unison, signaling their commitment to cooperation and unity.

"So help each other out and have each other's backs!" Rimuru sighed with slight exhaustion, feeling uncertain about their leadership abilities so far. Rimuru turned to Y/N, who seemed to be concentrated on something.

"Hey Y/N, you there buddy?" Y/N looked down at Rimuru as they locked eyes before realizing that Y/N needed to take the lead again since Y/N seem to a great at it. "Alright, as Rimuru has stated, the relationships within the group should be our focus even while in this camp. Safety comes before anything else. For now, we will need to focus on the basic needs of this village like food, drinks, housing structures, as well as other materials for clothing, tools, and defenses."

"Yo, elder, do you have names or what?" Rimuru spoke to the elderly man beside him as Y/N continued to instruct on the necessary items needed for survival and ways to bolster the village's defensive capabilities.

"Well, it is very unusual for monsters to have names, but even without names, we can still communicate our thoughts to one another" he answered Rimuru's question as Y/N finished explaining to the crowd of the two races, while also listening to the elderly man speak.

"Ah, that's interesting. Still, though, it would be easier if you all had names. So, if it's okay with you guys, I think I will just give you some" the slime's words caused shock to ripple through each dire wolf and goblin as they all gasped, confusing Rimuru and Y/N.

"Really? But are you certain that you want to give us all names?" The elderly man spoke with utter surprise. When Rimuru agreed, the whole crowd erupted in pure excitement, each one howling and dancing. Even the shaking elder goblin was dancing as if the tremors in his weak body had vanished, and he had shed 70 years from his age.

"Great.... Naming...." Y/N sigh to himself as he turn away to hide away his unsure of how good naming monsters was, He was never exactly... amazing at it...

 amazing at it