Chapter 5: The Elves Brothel

"Hahaha! I still can't believe what happened earlier. After I busted my ass, you made 19 longswords like it was nothing" Kaijin laughed as he took a drink. Despite his laughter, there was an underlying sense of gratitude towards Rimuru, as the slime had saved him from losing his license, though there were some drawbacks to Rimuru's assistance.

Rimuru attempted to defend Kaijin and cheer him up, acknowledging that while the copies were flawless, they were based on the blacksmith's incredible original work. "They were only flawless because they were copies of your original. I simply analyzed your incredible work and used the magic steel cluster to replicate it... Sorry if that was out of line" Rimuru apologized.

Everyone fell silent as they listened to the conversation between the slime and the blacksmith. "Hmm... Honestly, it is a little frustrating... No matter, I suppose I just need to make a weapon that even you can't copy. Heh, I relish a challenge!" Kaijin declared, taking this as a personal challenge and goal.

With tensions diffused, they resumed drinking, Rimuru requesting a refill for his drink.

Meanwhile, Y/N observed the group quietly with his eyes closed, finding peace in the moment. "It's peaceful... I wonder if Gobta has woken up yet" he mused to himself.

"Hey hey, Y/N, do you have any cool stories?" the small elf beside him asked. She wore a long dress that covered her hands and had short hair that hardly reached her ears.

Y/N looked at the elf beside him, deciding to tell her a short story about traveling through the snow where he encountered a bear and saved people's lives. He kept the story less detailed, opting for a more childhood-like narrative, as tales of gore and killing wouldn't suit the current mood.

As Y/N recounted his story, one of the elves listened intently, her expression shifting to shock as she stared at him. "Did you mean the Ice Continent?" she asked, causing every elf and dwarf to turn their attention to her, along with Y/N and Rimuru, who were both confused.

"Ice Continent?" Rimuru echoed, prompting one of the child elves beside Y/N to explain further. "Mhm, the Ice Continent is a land covered in ice where fierce blizzards reign. Its vicinity is encased in a barrier of ice, with temperatures reaching unbelieveable below temperture, making it uninhabitable. Legend has it that it was once a prosperous land inhabited by an ancient race until a catastrophe struck, leaving it frozen over," the child elf elaborated. Y/N noted her well-informed nature, considering that elves like her could appear as children until they reached around 100 years old, although this varied among different elf races.

"Do you not know about it?" Kaijin asked, to which Rimuru replied with a "No."

This piqued Y/N's interest. Frozen areas like the Ice Continent often hid secrets beneath the ice, and the extreme temperatures mentioned by the elf were surprising. Whatever would be said next would have Y/N's full attention.

"One of the Demon Lords, Guy Crimson, governs that nation," the dark elf revealed, causing shock to ripple through Rimuru's voice as he exclaimed, "D-Demon Lord?!"

"Mhm... She mentioned that there is an unnamed group of demon lords that govern specific areas within the world, and Guy Crimson is the current ruler of the Ice Continent," Y/N summarized, making a mental note to find more information on the demon lord in case he or she ever posed a threat to Jura Forest.

"Let's move on, as I have something!" the dark elf declared, producing a small crystal-like ball and placing it on the table, capturing Rimuru's interest.

"Fortune telling?" Rimuru asked, observing the crystal ball.

"Mhm, I can really do anything, so why not give it a try?" the elf replied, prompting Rimuru to consider the idea. The blond-haired elf who was holding the crystal ball suggested, "Let's see who they are destined to be with." It was indeed a compelling idea, though glimpses of the future could often come with vague details and unintended consequences.