Chapter 6: His Redemption

"I was sent here by the Oracle, but I... I don't know why," He told her.

Rhea smiled, "I know why," She said. "You're here for answers as to what is going on and why your mere presence is affecting our world... and you came for her," Rhea told him.

Jaune nodded and when he heard the last part of Rhea's sentence, he looked at her with a confused face, "Her?" He asked.

Rhea nodded, "Yes,"

Before Jaune could ask who the Titan Queen was referring to, he heard yawning coming from the tent and heard someone cry out, like a baby would try calling out to a mother without actually using words.

"I'm out here, dear," Rhea said with a smile.

"Oah!" Cried the person inside the tent.

The flap opened up fully and the person inside stepped out of the tent and revealed themselves to the rest of the group, the moment they showed who they were, Jaune stood up quickly in shock, knocking over his chair in the process.

Standing barefooted before the young knight, in nothing but a long white nightgown was Penny Polendina, who looked as cheerful as she always had before.

Penny's eyes landed on Jaune and a bright and big smile graced her features as she rushed over to him and leaped toward him. Jaune was in shock but quickly caught her as she wrapped her arms around her.

"Oah! Oah!" Penny cried as she held him tighter.

Jaune was shocked that she was hugging him, but he began to wonder why she was speaking like someone who could formulate words or speak any language, his eyes fell on the Queen of Titans and he looked at her with a questioning look.

"What... happened to her?" Jaune asked.

Rhea sighed, "You may want to pick up that chair of yours, Jaune Arc," Rhea began, "You are gonna need it," She told him, looking at him with her golden eyes, which now looked sad.

However, before she could start, Thalia looked at Jaune with a raised brow, "Jaune, who is she?" Thalia asked.

Jaune looked back at her as he still held Penny, "She's... Her name's Penny, and she's from my world," Jaune replied.

Rhea nodded, "Yes, now, before you ask more questions, I believe I should explain what happened to her," Rhea said. "Now, from the beginning, she had fallen from the sky, landed not so far from my camp, and when I found her she was unconscious, however, I knew she wasn't normal... so I decided to search her memories, and that's when I discovered everything," Rhea said.

Hearing this, Jaunes entire body froze as Rhea knew what he had done back on the bridge, what he did to Penny.

"Don't fret, Jaune," Rhea told him softly, "I know why you did what you did, and I know she made her choice, one that only you could fulfill at the time,"

Jaune shook his head, "I could have done something else... I could have still healed her, saved her instead of..." Jaune trailed off before letting out a sigh.

The other three demigods were confused as to what the two were discussing, however, it was Thalia who remembered the beginning of their conversation before Theia attacked them.

"So... what was that all about?" Thalia asked him.

"Hm?" Jaune asked.

Thalia sighed, "Don't play dumb, what was that about knowing what it was like to kill someone... Have you... killed anyone" She asked.

Jaune let out a long sigh, "I... I don't wanna talk about it," Jaune told her.

Thalia's eyes glanced over to Penny who still held onto Jaune and she had a feeling she finally knew who Jaune had killed before arriving in their world, however, the question was why did he kill her?