Chapter 3: Cursed Kisses

The three sat around the table as Jaune had finished telling the two what had happened when he left the Cabin and what The Oracle had said to him, and they focused on deciphering the prophecy.

Chiron turned to the young blonde, "What was the first line of the prophecy?" he asked.

"To the Knight, who bears a broken heart and two bloody hands," Jaune repeated. "That's me, no doubt about that,"

"Yes, and the reason she called you that was because of that friend you were forced to kill, correct?" Mr. D said.

Jaune nodded, "Yeah," He replied. "The second line was, "Come and fight, and seek the place with the whitest sands," any idea what that could mean?"

Chiron seemed to be in deep thought, "There is one place that comes to mind, and it's not a beach," He said.

"Where?" Jaune asked.

"White Sand National Park in New Mexico," Chiron replied. "It's a place where some of the Titans and Titaness who didn't take sides during the war are currently staying, they simply have been wanting to live in peace... but, with Kronos returning, he may go there, and try to recruit them,"

Jaune nodded in understanding and recited the next line, "Travel southwest and you shall find the banished mother," Jaune repeated.

"New Mexico is southwest, but... who could this "banished mother" be?" Chiron asked.

Jaune shrugged, "beats me, you know Mr. D?" Jaune asked, turning to the wine god.

Mr. D finished his can of diet coke and looked at Jaune, "I'm afraid not, after all, none of them are truly banished, we Olympians have been leaving them alone since they haven't posed a threat," Mr. D said.

"Like all the rest, face to face with the one who shall become another," Jaune repeated, "But who could that be?"

"I'm afraid, I am unsure of that myself," Chiron replied.

Jaune let out a sigh, "Well after that, the next line is, "Find the blade, and Hades will make you a deal" but who is Hades?"

"He is king of the underworld and ruler of the dead," Chiron told him. "But he doesn't have a blade, he has his helm of Darkness, but..."

"He could be making a new weapon that would put him on par with Zeus and Posiden," Mr. D said. "They wouldn't like that at all,"

However, in the back of Jaune's mind, he couldn't help but think of his own missing blade, Crocea Mors, and remembered it had no doubt fallen to the bottom of the ocean, and that was fine by him... he didn't want to have a weapon that took the life of a friend.

"Accept the trade and two fates you shall seal," Jaune repeated. "But whose fates will they be?"

Chiron shook his head, "That I don't know either," He said.

Jaune sighed and continued, "Atop the oldest mount, you will beat the mad titan bloody," Jaune repeated. "12 by your count, and a king's name you shall muddy,"

"Atop the oldest mount? Could it mean Mount Othrys?" Chiron asked.

Jaune raised a brow in confusion, "Mount what?" he asked.