Disruption

We had breakfast at home this time, and I'm not complaining. Bread, toasted generously in garlic butter, with sliced cheese between them was heavenly. Though there wasn't much meat, Mom thought it was a bad idea to have meat now since we'll be having lots of meat for dinner later during our hunt tonight.
That just made us anticipate it more.
The toast disappeared quickly, and so did my thick coffee. I got up with my plate and cup and made my way over to the kitchen to put them away. Not that there was much for me to wash since the toast didn't dirty the plate much.
I was humming a tune I heard from my favourite video game when suddenly, I heard the most annoying sound. I groaned as I turned the tap off and stomped my way to the living room, passing the rest who were still having their breakfast.
"It might be the new bag I ordered," Charlene said as I walked past the dining table.
"Don't answer it if it's Charles," Chris added.
I grunted in reply and went over to the living room. I stopped before the front door and fixed my hair a bit before swinging the door open.
It wasn't the new bag that Charlene bought, nor was it Charles that greeted me with a bag of Posiden Coffee.
It was Luna.
I mean, she was still holding something, but it was box of chocolates.
"Luna?!" I exclaimed in surprise. My gaze fell on her feet. "How's your leg?"
Luna nodded. "It's much better now, thanks. Thanks for helping me up the other day."
"Don't mention it," I sighed, inviting her inside since I don't want Charles ambushing us again. "What brings you here?"
Luna just handed me the chocolates she was holding. "I just came to give you this, and apologise for what happened last week."
"The one you should be apologising to isn't me, it's Kayla and Lydia," I said. "They really care about you, Luna."
"They do," Luna nodded, placing the box down on the coffee table as she sat down. "I already took care of that by taking them out for lunch yesterday."
"That's nice," I smiled. "So you brought me chocolates..."
"You like chocolates, right?" Luna asked awkwardly.
I nodded as I turned to look at it. "I do. Fusha Rosha's my favourite brand."
Luna smiled. "I hope you forgive. I guess... well, I've just been having a hard time. Losing Banana wasn't easy. She was always by my side through thick and thin."
Her friend's name was... Banana?
"She wandered off when I was at school and no one realised," Luna went on. The next time I found her, our neighbours had run her over." She sobbed. "That's the first thing I saw when I got back."
"Did you press charges?" I asked, surprised that her Banana was killed in such an unmerciful way. "Did your neighbours get arrested?"
Luna shook her head, a tear rolling off her eye. "No. They said it was an accident. Banana had wandered off to their home so that's technically her fault so the police won't do much."
"What?!" I gasped in surprise. "You can't just run someone over just because they're in your house, right?"
"Charlotte..." Luna smiled slightly, looking a little amused though teary. "Banana was my cat."
Oh. That explains it. Her cat must've wandered off to her neighbour's home, probably slept under their car, went unnoticed, and must've accidentally been run over. Darn, Banana.
"That is so sad," I shook my head. "Poor Banana."
"She was my baby," Luna sobbed.
I sighed and patted her back to comfort her. "Don't cry... I'm sure Banana is happy, wherever she is."
"She's probably in heaven," Luna said. "The poor thing."
I have no clue what to say in this situation. It feels wrong to comfort her, feels worse if I try to brush her off.
Luna wiped her tears and got up. "I think I'll leave now, I don't wanna ruin your Sunday."
I got up too. "It's fine, I don't mind having you here. You have plans today?"
"Ah," Luna seemed like she just realised something. "Barbie is having a sleepover, she asked me to invite you over too."
Having a sleepover with friends doesn't sound like a bright idea on a full moon night. I politely declined and was about to follow her to the door when Chris appeared.
"Well, well," he smirked. "If it isn't the goth girl that messed with my sister."
I sighed and turned back to Luna. "Luna, my brother."
"Yeah, I'm her big brother, so think twice when you mess with my little baby next time," Chris added.
"Chris," Baby sister? That made me groan. "Luna came to apologise." I said.
"Oh," Chris nodded. "But isn't this the second time? Or was it the third?"
"I'm sorry," Luna fearfully said. "I won't bother Charlotte anymore."
Chris smirked and retreated into the dining room again. I turned back to Luna and brought her outside.
"Don't mind him," I opened the door and let her go out first. "He's just a little protective."
"I can tell," Luna said as she stepped out. She turned to look at me and smiled. "I'll see you at school tomorrow."
"Tomorrow..." I just remembered that I told no one about the hearing. "I won't be coming to school tomorrow. Can you tell the rest? I need to inform our class teacher about this as well."
Luna looked at me in surprise but nodded. "Sure. I'll tell them."
She waved at me and wandered off down the road towards Barbara's home. I decided to watch since I needed to know where the blondie's home was, seeing how she knew mine well enough to send people over. It turned out to be a few houses down the road, in the row of houses facing mine.
Maybe I should go bother her just like how she bothers me sometimes.
I was about to make my way back into the house when I spotted something on the ground. It looked like a flyer of some sort, is there a new expo in town?
I picked it up and it turned out to be a promotion poster for a plumber. I sighed, these guys are never any good. The last time we called one of these guys, we were cheated into paying a high price. It wasn't until we found a much better plumber that we realised that we'd been bamboozled into paying a much higher price than we were supposed to.
I tore the flyer up and threw it into the rubbish bin before turning back to the house.
But then I felt myself being pulled back, something pressing against my nose. I tried not to inhale the fumes it released, struggling as much as I can to free myself.
I thought about my werewolf form, maybe that would help me escape better. Whoever it was that held me, there were strong. My canines turned into fangs and was about to throw the attacker off when my vision started blurring. I reached my hand out to try and call Chris or anyone else for help.
But by that time, it was too late. I felt helpless as my legs gave way, my surroundings fading into darkness.