Y/n's Decision

long chapter//smut warning

-

the morning sun rose & so did the tension in y/n's mind. today was the day you were meant to make your decision regarding the UNP job offer at new york. it was a tough decision to say the least but you had made up your mind.

now you were to inform everyone. you first started off with cody because since you didn't know him all that well breaking the news to him would be easy and it was easy. next you moved onto dylan, you called him & told him the news as well. he congratulated you & it was one of those rare moments where the two of you were nice to each other for once.

next on the list was ethan. you did the same as you did with dylan. ethan was made aware of your choice & his reaction was supportive as well.  that's the day you started viewing ethan as your friend and not just your roommate's brother.

now you had to break it to your best friend isha & her boyfriend sub. you couldn't tell them over the phone so you invited the two to your house whilist elijah happened to be asleep. the couple entered the apartment hand in hand with smiles on their faces which showed that they were gonna be happy for you either way, regardless of the decision you made.

"so" you took a deep breath while sitting around the dining table with isha & sub.

"where's elijah?" sub asked.

you replied, "he's asleep in his room but that's besides the point!"

"yes! y/n! tell us are you going to new york?" isha leaned in.

you looked at sub then isha before finally letting them know, "i am taking the job offer.."

"because this job is a once in a life time opportunity-"

isha spoke over you,  "hell yeah y/n!" she exclaimed, then got up, jumped & started celebrating. she even began to look for some alcohol in your kitchen cabinet.

"i am so happy for you y/n. good luck with your new life in new york." sub chimed in.

"thanks." you replied.

isha found a bottle of whisky kept under the table for ocassions like these & this led everyone of you to sit around the table with drinks, discussing the exciting future that was about to transpire.

"i have never been to new york city y/n! i am gonna visit you every weekend." isha stated.

you smiled, "you're welcome as long as you cook me some pasta!" you joked.

"i feel like you are gonna miss the pasta more than me" isha added onto the joke.

"you know thing is i am gonna miss elijah's way of cooking it -" you started reminiscing already.

sub jumped into the conversation, "speaking of elijah. have you told him that you are taking the job?"

"no." you took a moment to reply.

"have you told everyone else?" isha was curious.

you replied, "hm yeah pretty much. i have told dylan, cody, ethan and you guys."

"y/n! don't you think elijah will feel bad about being the last person you broke the news to?" sub made a fair point.

you took a sip of your drink, "i'll deal with him being grumpy. i have experience! i live with him, sub!!" 

this cracked everyone up.

-

you revealing the news to everyone including isha & sub went so well, in fact too well. it might have been the calm before the storm because you couldn't help but think that telling elijah the news was going to be much harder.