Lights Out!

(a/n): don't forget to vote if u like this book so far, it helps me out and keeps me updated to write more!!

anyway enjoy reading x

-

you woke up in your dimly lit room in a comfortable position. you didn't know what time it was, was it day or night? you couldn't tell but one thing you knew for sure was that you craved water. you forced yourself to get up and walk over to the kitchen and you still had a mild headache.

you walked over to the fridge and grabbed the door handle to open it but your eyes landed on a post it note, sitting on the fridge. it read, "good morning, sleepyhead." you immediately knew how it was from. your one and only roommate, elijah.

you walked over to his room, "well good morning gamer boy!"

he was caught off guard as he didn't expect you to storm into his room at 12 in the afternoon, "um- wait do you remember last night?" he asked with a trembling voice. since you called him gamer boy, he suspected maybe you recalled last night.

you getting drunk, him helping you to bed, you getting sick, him tucking you in then ending up kissing you - all these moments flashed in front of his eyes in the form of flashbacks.

"yeah i got drunk, called you names then passed out-" y/n explained.

elijah was relieved to know that you two would have no awkward tension because you didn't remember the kiss, "yeah it was embarrassing! " he chuckled.

"oh i will tell you what's embarrassing! getting beat up by someone slightly shorter than you! " you launched yourself at him and you two broke into a playful tackling fight. you two were all over each other, no one was willing to back down.

you felt cheated when elijah added tickling to the mix. you thought that was off limits so you flipped him over and got on top of him then your necklace ended up getting caught into his shirt. the noise and the playfullness faded away when he hesitantly tried to de-clutch your necklace from his t shirt. elijah wished for time would stop right now so you two can be stuck in this moment forever, that's why he took a lot of tries and attempts to free the necklace and when it did break free, you two pulled away.

"the medicine- it's on the counter um, since i thought you'd be hungover, i got it from the store." he explained while scratching the back of his neck and avoiding eye contact with you.

"thanks, i think i will need it-" you held your head and walked back into the kitchen. there, you realized it was the middle of the afternoon, you had slept in but thankfully, it was a sunday so there was no pressure of going to work.

-

the clock read 7:03 pm as you put your feet over the table and sunk into the couch, the tv remote was deeply clutched into your hands. it was your day off and you had the plan to fully enjoy it. you were even thinking of ordering chinese food from the restraunt down the road. 

"hey." elijah greeted you while he walked into the living room.

"don't disturb me. i am in my beer belly dad zone. i have no thoughts, all i got in this world is my tv!" you stated dramatically.

elijah laughed, "you are beer belly dad zone lacks greasy take out and loud burps!"  he added on.

"actually i was just thinking of orderin-" you were forced to stop mid sentence as the lights went out abruptly. it was a bit of a jumpscare but instead of prioritizing being scared, you instead felt annoyed. you let out a sigh of frustration because you had just sat down to enjoy your sunday evening and of course the universe isn't okay with that.

a huff of, "shit!' was heard from elijah beside you.

"the evening is ruined! great!" you folded your arms in the dark.

"i- will go find my phone, it's so dark!" elijah stated and you felt him getting up from his position on the couch.

you did the same, "no wait mine is near-er!" 

you felt something getting caught in your feet and you lost your balance, ending up falling but he caught you last second as he wrapped his hands around you. as you gained back your composture he started navigating the kitchen counter with his hands. "there's a candle in one of the cabinets!"

he started dragging you towards the cabinets, "elijah! you can go there alone too you know!" 

"no y/n i don't want you to miss me while i am gone!" he made a snarky remark and you rolled your eyes playfully.

after a few minutes of struggling, "found it!" elijah celebrated.

-

with your feet resting on his lap, a drink in your hand and your eyes stuck on him while a dim looming light from the candle graced the room. it was the only source of light you two had. that's how the evening or night at this point had ended up being, "hm i was right-" elijah spoke.

"i got no data in my phone and we of course can't use the wifi- i am sorry y/n your evening is officially ruined- we can't watch or listen to anything." he continued and he looked to be genuinely upset for you.

"wait- not yet!" you got up with initiative, leaving elijah behind in mystery.

and when you came back, he was surprised as you entered into the living room with a cassette tape and cassette player in hand, "i didn't know you lived through the 70's y/n-" he joked.

you rolled your eyes and set it up, "oh shut up, my dad gave it to me." 

a muffled noise filled the room whilist the cassette tape started up and played a song from the smiths. most songs on that cassette were of your dad's taste like the cure, the smiths, the beatles and joy division. you had learned to develop a liking for those songs too because of him.

"well thanks to your dad, we don't have to sit in awkward silence!" elijah stated in a playful tone but you didn't respond.

"y/n?" he asked in a soft tone and put his hand on your shoulder. he grew concerned because of the quietness.

"my dad- he died in a car crash a month ago and i haven't listened to these cassettes since then. they bring up a lot of memories, it's overwhelming." you replied with honesty. 

elijah quickly pulled you in for a hug, "i'm sorry y/n!"

you couldn't help but let out tears right onto his shirt and he didn't mind it, instead he hugged you tighter to comfort you, "why have you never told me this before?" he played with your hair gently.

"i don't know elijah to be honest but him dying- it made me want to make something out of my life because i realized people can't live forever. we have to do whatever we want to do in the little amount of time we have." you opened up. 

he nodded and a laid a kiss on your head and right in that moment the lights came back on. y/n was still on him and he also had his hands wrapped around you. he looked at you and he felt he knew more of you now than he did an hour ago....