CHAPTER 20 -Devil's Sea-

Start from the beginning

As I drifted into the abyss of sleep, I found myself ensnared in the clutches of a nightmare so vivid, it felt as though reality itself had twisted into a grotesque nightmare.

A crimson hue tainted everything, saturating the air with an oppressive weight. It was as if the very essence of fear had taken physical form, manifesting as an unrelenting sea of red and blood. Each breath I took seemed to be tainted with the metallic tang of dread, suffocating me in its malevolent embrace.

And then, there were the eyes. Glowing orbs of crimson, piercing through the veil of darkness with an intensity that sent shivers down my spine. They bore into me, stripping away every semblance of comfort, every illusion of safety. In their gaze, I felt exposed, vulnerable, as if they could see straight into the depths of my soul.

I tried to flee, to escape the suffocating grip of the nightmare that threatened to consume me whole. But no matter where I turned, the red haze followed, enveloping me in its sinister embrace. It was as though the very fabric of reality had twisted and contorted, bending to the will of some unseen malevolence.

Tossing and turning, I fought against the tendrils of darkness that sought to drag me under. Each movement felt like wading through molasses, my limbs heavy and sluggish against the weight of my terror. And then, with a jolt that sent my heart racing, I was jolted awake.

"Gahhh!"

Gasping for air, I clawed desperately at the sheets, my body drenched in a cold sweat that clung to my skin like a second shroud. My heart pounded in my chest, a wild cacophony of fear and adrenaline coursing through my veins. It took all my willpower to steady my ragged breath, to remind myself that it was just a dream.

But even as I lay there, trembling in the aftermath of my nightmare, I couldn't shake the feeling of unease that lingered like a shadow in the recesses of my mind. For in that moment, the line between dream and reality blurred, leaving me to wonder if the horrors I had witnessed were truly confined to the realm of sleep.

"What the hell..."

I stumbled into the bathroom, the cold tiles beneath my feet sending shivers up my spine

I stumbled into the bathroom, the cold tiles beneath my feet sending shivers up my spine. The dim light flickered overhead as I leaned over the sink, splashing water onto my face in an attempt to wash away the remnants of the nightmare that still clung to me like a stubborn fog.

Splash.

But as I lifted my head and faced my reflection in the mirror, I froze. My heart skipped a beat as I stared into my own eyes, wide with terror, for there, reflected back at me, were a pair of crimson orbs. They glowed with an otherworldly intensity, burning with a sinister light that sent a chill down my spine.

"...!"

I blinked, trying to convince myself that it was just a trick of the light, a figment of my imagination born from the remnants of the nightmare. But the eyes remained, unyielding, unwavering, as if they were staring straight into my soul.