Chapter 52: Police Station

Dream POV.

“Are you going to get ready for school?” I glanced up towards the door of the room, looking towards George’s father. Without saying anything I shook my head, keeping it half buried under George’s blankets and pillows. The man sighed but nodded understandably. “I didn’t think so.” He muttered as he sat down on the end of the bed.

His hands held one another and he just stared forwards. “I called Schlatt… he has connections who might be able to help.” He told me. It caused me to grow scared as I knew what Schlatt was capable of, yet I couldn’t bring myself to move at all in any way to react.

“After Karl responded last night I also called the police. They wanted me to come to the Police station and answer some questions to help find him. Were you wanting to come?”
I nodded at him, suddenly sitting up. “I want to help find George.” I told the man, now sitting up. “He is my best friend. We need to find him.”

“I know.” Dr Davidson nodded. “We will find him, I promise you that I would not allow anything to happen to him, I promise you.” Despite his words of reassurance I couldn’t help but start sobbing, feeling fear on behalf of the brunette. Without him saying anything to me, the man sitting beside me pulled me into a hug.

Neither of us spoke, it was somewhat awkward due to our strained relationship over the past few months when I had been living here. This was just us comforting each other and sending hope that George was alright, which he had to be, he had to be alright.

So much had happened in those months, my knowledge had grown a lot, I had made multiple friends (including Sapnap), and now Dr Davidson and I were friends… Well, I think we were friends. I wasn’t exactly sure what it was that the man considered me to be to him. Perhaps we could just be considered people who cared about George.

“I don’t feel like making breakfast.” The man told me. “How about we both get ready and then I can take us out for breakfast?” I shrugged. I wasn’t in the mood to make any of the meals that George had taught me to make over the past few months, however I didn’t have any money myself since I did not have a job. It didn't feel fair to make him pay after his son went missing.

“Just let me know whenever you are ready to go.” He sighed while standing up, and my hands fell back to my side. He went to get changed or shower or do whatever else he needed to get ready, and I just sat there for a while. I thought about everything that had happened between me and George, mourning him and hoping he would be okay.

A few hours passed, and we took our time to get ready before heading to breakfast. Neither of us were very hungry though, I just got through something that George’s Dad referred to as a ‘hash brown’. It was yummy, but I couldn’t bring myself to eat much when I didn’t know where George was.

“Are you finished with eating?” George’s father questioned. I guiltily glanced down at my plate before nodding, muttering a small ‘sorry’ to the brunette. “Don’t worry.” He responded. “I am full as well.” For a moment there was silence before he spoke again. “I’ll pay and then we’ll go to the police station, I heard that Karl was going to be there.”

Even hearing about the fact that Karl was going to be there wasn’t enough to cheer me up. I was too focused on trying to help George to care about my other friend. After Dr Davidson finished paying we just made the short walk from the cafe to the police station where he had been told to head to..

The moment I was inside I was engulfed in a tight hug. “Dream!” Karl spoke loudly, seeming relieved to see me. Then he gasped as he looked over at the older brunette. “I… I mean Clay,” He seemed worried that he was going to get me in trouble, however Dr Davidson didn’t say anything, instead just walking towards the front desk.

“I am so sorry about what happened.” He muttered. “I’ve tried calling George and Techno multiple times and neither of them answered. Maybe they’ve both been taken.” I nodded solemnly. Truthfully I hadn’t thought about Techno at all, however he had likely been taken as well, thinking that both of my friends were taken at the same time.

“Good morning.” The female officer sitting at the desk smiled to Dr Davidson. “How can I help you?” She asked, with me walking over towards the desk with Karl holding me closely.
“We were here to answer some questions about my son George… he went missing last night.” The officer’s face fell and she immediately began apologising to my father.

“Mr Jacobs has already been questioned about your son.” She said, still feeling awkward. “So I will initially separate you and your… other son…” she hesitated as her gaze flicked over to me.
“He is my nephew.” The man cut in and she apologised once again.
“Sorry… I will separate you and your nephew to question and then someone will talk to you three together.”

“That sounds fine.” He nodded, however I was feeling worried. I wasn’t sure how this interview would work, after all I had never had an interview before. Plus George has told me that the police know things about you… would they know that I was from a lab? Would they think that it would make the town safer if I went back?

No, they wouldn’t. All that they would be focusing on was finding George, and finding Techno as well since he was also missing. I didn’t speak as I was led to a small room, with a man dressed in blue sitting opposite me.

“Hello, you must be Clay.” He said. The officer stood up to shake my hand however I did not do anything. When he realised this he just motioned for me to sit down. “I understand that you must be worried about your friend… cousin George. These questions are just to try and help us find him, do you understand?”

I nodded, settling in a metal chair which made me shiver. It was a cold reminder of the seats back in the lab which I occasionally was allowed to sit on. “You don’t have to answer everything, but any information that you can give us will help.” He smiled. “I also brought some cookies and cups of water from the kitchen, if you want.”

“Thank you.” I murmured as he looked down at a sheet of paper in front of him. “So first of all, when was the last time that you had talked to George?”
______________________________________
1182 words

Look at how Dream's English is improving ❤️
So proud of him.