Spiraling Thoughts

Start from the beginning

I slowly sat back down on the hardened wooden floors. I'm unsure of what to do next. Ibuki and the others want me to leave so they can speak to Ryuuen, but Ryuuen wants me to stay so we can talk privately. Ah, what should I do? My gaze slowly stopped short in front of me. The sound of voices arguing slowly drowned out, fading into the background of my thoughts. I lost myself to time and isolation.

After ten minutes of bickering, Ibuki finally kicked me out of Ryuuen's dorm. She was talking about kicking me in the head the next time we saw each other. I didn't have time to reschedule my private talk with Ryuuen. I would have to send him an email later on. I checked the time on my watch; It was roughly 5:30 pm. I don't have anything better to do, so I'll go to the library to pick up a few books. I picked up my feet to start walking back to the library.

When I arrived at the library, the sun was starting to set. I pushed open the heavy metal doors, and the smell of books and paper flooded my brain. What a comforting atmosphere. The library never disappointed my desire to read. As I scanned around the room, I saw a familiar face. A girl with silver hair and wore a black bow. She was seated at a table in the far left corner.

It was Shiina Hiyori, a formidable reading buddy.

Before approaching, I walked to the wooden shelves to pick a book. My finger glides across the spines of books. Their names flashed at me as I read their titles. I picked out a small, slim book with a soft cover. The book was not in perfect condition. The cover was of a small blond boy with a red scarf in a green uniform, and he stood on an asteroid-like planet. It homed a single rose, and the background was the starry night sky. The book's folded cover edges proved its survival in the library. I took myself and my book to Shiina's table and sat down. She looked up from her book to see who had approached her. Her solemn face bloomed with color as she recognized who I was.

"Ayanokouji!... I'm happy to see you here!" Shiina had a soft smile across her face. "What are you doing here at this time of day?"

Well, it's a library. Most students come here to read books, do homework, or kill some time.

"I'm just here to read a little." I held up the book I had. Shiina's eyes widen with recognition.

"Ah! A small classic! I always loved The Little Prince!" She clasps her hands together to contain her excitement. "Have you read it before, Ayanokouji?"

I subtly nod my head. "I'm rereading it." I made myself comfortable before flipping to the first page of the book.

"Well, I'll be here if you need anything." Shiina shows a warm smile before returning to her book.

Wait, this would be an excellent opportunity to ask about Ryuuen. After all, Shiina is in Class C with Ryuuen. She could provide further information about him with what Ibuki said earlier.

I reach out to tap Shiina on the shoulder. She looks up from her book and meets my gaze.

"Is there something you need?" Her gaze met with mine. Her violet eyes glowed with curiosity.

I nod once before continuing, "I want to talk to you about Ryuuen." I close the copy of The Little Prince before continuing my conversation. "Ever since Ryuuen stopped being the leader of Class C, I was wondering what he's been doing."

"Ah! Ryuuen? He's been silent ever since Ishizaki defeated him..." Shiina's voice trailed off. She was still worried about Ryuuen, even if he wasn't the best leader. I also forgot that Ishizaki took credit for defeating Ryuuen instead of me.

"Did anything in particular happen with him?" I need to extract as much information as I can without appearing suspicious. My fingers tap rhythmically against the table.