Chapter 6 - Were totally gonna die

third person pov*S1 - Ep 2 - Ep 3

third person pov*
S1 - Ep 2 - Ep 3

It was well into the afternoon when Percy and Adelaide, went to talk with Chiron and Mr. D, Adelaide was more or less there for moral support, while Percy was actually the one both Chiron and Mr. D needed to talk too

"For months now, Zeus and Poseidon have been locked in a dispute over the master bolt. The symbol of Zeus's authority, and it has been stolen." Informs Chiron, it wasn't surprising information to Adelaide, for some reason the gods trusted her and liked to have her opinion on those sorts of disagreements.

"Who stole it?" asks Percy, clearly not seeing where this conversation was going. Adelaide just shook her head, but still stayed at Percy's side.

"You did."

"What?" Percy exclaims

"Zeus is looking for a thief, sees a forbidden child claimed by his jealous brother... It doesn't look good for you, kid." explains Mr. D trying, to clarify some things for Percy

" I didn't do anything." defends Percy, Adelaide grabs his hand, in a comforting motion. She squeezed his hand, trying to tone down the situation. Percy just squeezed her hand back, and sent her a small smile.

"Of course, you didn't. But your father needs your help. An ultimatum has been given to him by Zeus that if he doesn't return the bolt by the summer solstice in one week... there will be war. That is your quest. You must leave immediately." Chiron says, not noticing the silent conversation between Adelaide and Mr. D, Adelaide could just be another child for each of the gods, maybe except her mother. But each god, saw unfair her mother was toward Adelaide compared to her siblings and that's how she became like a little sister to them.

"Leave? Leave for where?"

"Zeus is king on Olympus and Poseidon has always resented it, but... there is a third brother who has always deeply resented them both."

"It's Hades."

"Yes. The bolt is with Hades. In the Underworld. I know it sounds daunting. But you won't be alone, a quest is always undertaken by four." reassures Chiron, Adelaide could tell by Percy's body language, that he wouldn't be easy to convince. Sure enough, Chiron and Mr. D sensed it too.

"Great. Good luck finding those guys, 'cause it ain't gonna be me." Percy states, after a minute of silence.

"Perce" whispers Adelaide, but he doesn't reply not even sparing her a glance. He knew that if he looked at her, she might be able to convince him somehow, and he really didn't want that. So instead he just squeezed her hand slightly, and shook his head refusing to look at her.

"Poseidon has claimed you. This is his will." Chiron's patience was running low, and Mr. D's had gone to it's limit, but like he had a patience to begin with.