Chapter 2 - Meet the Minotaur that wears Underwear

third person pov*S1 - Ep 1

third person pov*
S1 - Ep 1

"My job has been to guide you to this moment. It's always an emotional rollercoaster for a young demigod, so providing a support system is really" says Grover as we turn onto the road.

"Who are you?" asks Percy

"I'm Grover. I'm your best friend and–"

"What are you?"

"I'm a satyr. And I'm your Protector."

"You're my Protector?"

"If I hadn't gotten you kicked out of school, you'd have never survived the night."

"And what's chasing us now would have found you there easily." Adelaide adds, making Percy snap his golden curled head towards her.

"I'm sorry. Usually, I can sense danger coming a mile away, but this time... Well, none of us saw Dodds coming."

"Dodds?" She mutters looking at Grover

"the math teacher I told you about"

"So you knew. That thing that Dodds turned into, you saw it happen? Why didn't you say anything?" asks Percy

"I saw some of it. The Mist kept her hidden even from us until it was too late." says Grover getting back into their conversation or argument.

"Mist? What's a mist?"

"The Mist. It's the veil that hides the magical world from the human world." says Adelaide, bringing Percy's attention back to her.

"Okay and who are you?" asks Percy

"I'm Adelaide Willows, I'm someone like you."

"Oh, cool. I'm Percy Jackson"

"Sorry but something powerful is at work here. The sooner we get you to camp, the better off you're... You told him about camp, right?" asks Grover

"Not yet, no." they hear Sally say

"Camp is a sanctuary for half-bloods. A safe space where you can learn who you are and what the world is like on the other side of the Mist." Addy says adding herself back into the conversation.

"Uh, it's not far, actually, just a little ways past the bend up there." points Grover

"Mom, what else haven't we talked about? What else haven't you told me?" asks Percy, Adelaide would usually feel bad. But she can feel the overwhelming of dread creep higher, meaning the monster is getting closer.

A streetlight explodes behind us, making Addy flinch in shock. Grover and Addy both turn to look through the window.

"Is that the Minotaur?" asks Percy

"Once the attacks start, they never let up. Okay? Dodds was just the beginning. He is next. He– he is brutal. He is relentless." the startled girl says starting to ramble

"He is still wearing underpants." both teens hear Percy mutter

"The Mythomagic cards were training. Everything has been training for what's still ahead of you." says Grover

"What's ahead of me?"

"Boys, and Adelaide" warns Sally

"Yeah?"

"I'm actually 24."

"Grover that's not helpful" Addy scolds hitting Grover behind the head

"Hold on, please." shouts Sally

They all hear the growls from the Minotaur, Addy can hear Grover yell, and Sally grunt and scream. She watches the car start to get out of Sally's hands, especially when the car starts flipping ending up in a ditch.

"Grover, you good man" Addy asks as she assesses her body, checking for injuries.

"Yup, just little injured Del. You know me" Adelaide hears Grover say, as he groans.

She breathes a sigh of relief as Percy finally gets the window open, jumping out first. He helps Adelaide get Grover out, before he pulls her out, by her waist.

"Thanks" Addy mutters flustered, as she grabs Grover's arm, to balance Grover at her side.

"Is everyone okay?" asks Sally

"Yeah, I'm okay." Percy replies

"This way!"

"We're here. That's the boundary. No monsters can cross it. Percy will be safe on the other side." Grover says, as Addy winces at Grover hitting her bruised side.

"Grover, Adelaide, I am entrusting you to protect my son, my only child." says Sally sternly

"Don't worry, Mrs. Jackson, Percy will be totally safe at camp" replies Grover

"Swear it."

"What's happening?" asks Percy frantically

"Swear it. Keep him safe from anyone or anything that comes for him, that wants to do harm, that looks at him the wrong way. Do you understand me?"

"We understand, We swear" Addy finally says, thunder booms above in the sky

"I gotta go now, sweetheart." Sally says turning towards Percy

"Go? What do you mean go?"

"I can't go with you."

"Why can't you?"

"She's human." shouts Grover

"You're gonna need to be brave now. Remember what I taught you. Remember the stories I told you. Especially the stories, they will tell you everything"

"No way! Mom, I'm not leaving you!"

"Perseus! Listen to me."

Addy turns away with Grover letting Percy and Sally have their final moment together.

"We need to move." Grover shouts hearing the Minotaur roar getting closer

"Give me your coat." asks Sally

"Why? What are you gonna do?"

"He smells halfblood, that's what he's tracking, yeah?"

"That's right." replies Grover

"So if he smells you in two directions at once, maybe I can confuse him, buy us both a little time to get away."

"Mom, please, don't" begs Percy.

"Hey! It'll be okay." Sally reassures

Addy helps Grover up to Thalia's tree, before turning back towards Percy. She watches the Minotaur grab Sally, and she disappears.

"Mom!" shouts Percy running back towards the Minotaur

"Per Percy! Percy, no!" Grover shouts

That stupid idiot, Addy runs down the hill towards the dueling between Percy and the Minotaur. She twists her ring to have her bow and pull the string thinking off her favorite poisonous arrows. Addy breathes deeply before releasing the string letting the arrow fly through the trees and into the Minotaur's back. Giving Percy enough distraction to get to the Minotaur's head. Addy runs to go help Percy but get thrown across the tree.

"ADELAIDE, PERCY" Addy hears Grover shout in the distance, as everything starts to fade into black.

AUTHORS NOTE
I know that some of the lines, are Grover's but I needed to add Addy into the convo some how. Anyways love you! Vote and Comment!

Love from Z

(words 946)