Chapter no.9 Vs Gary Oak

Start from the beginning

"My guard will be lower because of that move," Abra complained, but still braced for the impact of the Tail Whip.

"Don't be a whiny baby," Peter chided playfully.

Abra grumbled but took the hit. Gary, seeing an opening, shouted, "Tackle!"

Squirtle leaped towards Abra, who disappeared with a Teleport, causing Squirtle to miss. Reappearing behind the turtle Pokémon, Abra was ready.

"Jump back and Tackle!" Gary yelled.

Squirtle complied, but as it jumped back, Abra teleported again, reappearing in front of Squirtle. Its fist flashed with lightning, striking Squirtle with a powerful Thunder Punch.

When the dust cleared, Squirtle was knocked out, and Abra stood unscathed. Gary, frustrated, recalled Squirtle and tossed the Pokedex to Peter before starting to walk away.

"This guy," Daisy muttered, clearly annoyed.

Gary stopped and turned back, his expression defiant. "The name's Gary. Gary Oak, remember that. Remember I didn't lose the match I just used it to make my Pokémon fight to toughen it up! Smell you later!"

"He is a bitch," Abra said.

Peter chuckled at Abra's comment. "Yeah, he's got quite the attitude. But we did it, we won."

Abra replied dryly, "Won is an understatement. We practically gave him a free lesson in humility."

Peter hesitated for a moment, a thought crossing his mind. In this world, his real name, Peter, couldn't be used. Reflecting on his childhood nickname, "Ash," which had always been a part of him, he felt a connection to it in this new reality.

"Hey, Gary," he called out, causing Gary to stop in his tracks and look back with a questioning glance.

Peter stood confidently.

"The name's Ash," he declared firmly.

Gary raised an eyebrow, a hint of respect flickering in his eyes before he turned and walked away without another word.

.....

Outside the school, a crowd of eager reporters and camera crews were gathered, their lenses and microphones pointed towards the entrance, anticipating a glimpse of the new Tier 10 trainer, Ash Ketchum. Amidst the buzz of excitement, Professor Samuel Oak stepped out, a calm demeanor on his face.

"Professor Oak! Can you tell us about Ash Ketchum?" one reporter shouted, trying to catch his attention.

Professor Oak smiled and waved his hand, signaling for quiet. "Ladies and gentlemen of the press, thank you for your interest. However, Ash is a young trainer who values his privacy, and I respect that. He won't be making an appearance today."

"But Professor, the public wants to know about the first Tier 10 trainer in Kanto's history!" another reporter pressed.

"I understand your curiosity," Professor Oak replied, "but let's give Ash some space to grow and learn. Being a Pokémon trainer is about the journey, not just the accolades."

Seeing the reporters' disappointment, Professor Oak quickly shifted gears. "But, while I have your attention, I'd like to share something exciting with you." He held up a small, sophisticated device. "This, my friends, is the latest invention from my lab - the Pokédex."

The crowd's attention shifted, their interest piqued. "A Pokédex? What does it do?" a reporter asked, intrigued.

"The Pokédex is a high-tech encyclopedia, a tool for trainers to collect data and information about Pokémon," Professor Oak explained. "It's a revolutionary device that will change the way we understand and interact with Pokémon."

The reporters began to buzz with excitement, their questions coming in rapid succession. "How does it work? Is it available to all trainers? What kind of data does it collect?"

Professor Oak, seizing the opportunity, delved into the details. "The Pokédex records and stores data on Pokémon you encounter, from their physical characteristics to their behaviors. It's an invaluable resource for trainers. And yes, we're planning to make it widely available."

As the reporters scribbled notes and their cameras clicked, Professor Oak skillfully kept them engaged, discussing the potential impact of the Pokédex on the Pokémon world. His expertise and enthusiasm for the subject captivated the audience, successfully diverting their attention from Ash.

"Well then, young Ash," he thought, "I have diverted most of the major media's attention from you for a few days. While there will still be some who might try to find you, it's better than nothing. This should give you enough breathing room to start your journey without the constant bother of the media."

••••••••••••••••••

[ Author Note from Adamos-Amet to Readers:

Dear Readers,

I hope you've been enjoying the journey with our protagonist in the story so far. As the narrative progresses, I wanted to make an important clarification to enhance your reading experience.

From this chapter onward, our main character, Peter, will be referred to as Ash in the third-person narrative. This change is being implemented to avoid any confusion for you, the readers. Most of the characters in the story refer to Peter as Ash, but he has been referred to as Peter in the narrative text up until now. To ensure clarity and consistency, it seems best to align his third-person reference with what the characters in the story call him.

It's been established that "Ash" was actually Peter Asher's nickname growing up, so this transition should feel natural within the context of the story. I believe this will make the narrative smoother and easier to follow.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support. I'm excited for you to see where Ash's journey takes him next!

Warm regards,

Adamos-Amet ]