Chapter 27 ~☆ Final Blow ☆~

Start from the beginning

"Maasa, I love you all. H-hum aap sabse bahot pyar karte hai. Pl-please say it's all a lie. Tell me you're my real mother, my only mother." She pleaded desperately.

Jagriti's grip loosened slightly in shock, moved by Nirjhara's sincere confession and her genuine love for the family.

" But we all hate you, just remember that. " Agastya's voice roared from behind.

"Agastya, stop it." Jagriti gritted her teeth in anger, but he was already near Nirjhara, spewing his words of hatred.

"The answers you've always sought, these are the answers to your questions. Why we keep our distance from you? Why no one calls you Nirjhara? Why I'm absent on Rakhi and Bhaiduj and don't let you tie Rakhi to me? Why does no one show joy on your achievements, and why are we indifferent to everything about you? Why your birthday is ignored, only to be used for show when people from NGOs come for charity? And why no one loves you but only hate you?" His glare burned into her as he listed the painful questions.

Nirjhara could only cry helplessly, each word from Agastya felt like a dagger piercing her tender heart.

"Agastya, I'm telling you to stop. Can't you understand what your mother is saying?" Jagriti angrily glared at him, forcefully pushing him back as he attempted to approach Nirjhara once again.

Terrified, Nirjhara sought refuge behind Jagriti, her protector in this storm of emotions.

" But why, Maasa? Sooner or later, she was going to find out the truth. If she learns it today instead of tomorrow, what's the big deal? " Agastya questioned in disbelief, his anger still directed at Nirjhara.

" Yes, you are right. " Jagriti agreed, raising her voice slightly. "But now is not the right time to tell her everything. Don't you realize, she's just a child?" She shook her head in disbelief, her gaze shifting to Nirjhara's tear-stained face.

" My sister was also just six months old when her father took her life. If he showed no mercy to that innocent child, why should we? " Agastya retorted with the same intensity.

"You're not grasping the depth of the situation and the repercussions we could face once she learns the truth. If she accidentally reveals it to a stranger, can you imagine what will happen? We'll be completely ruined, don't you understand this harsh reality?" Jagriti shook him angrily by the elbow.

Horrified, Agastya stared at her, fear evident in his eyes.

" If your Babasa and Dadamaraj discover that you've disclosed her birth's reality to her, they'll be completely shocked. The secret Amar Mahal has guarded for the past eight years will come to light, tarnishing its reputation. Do you really want to put Amar Mahal and your grandfather's reputation at stake? How can you be so selfish, only considering your pain without a second thought for the consequences? " She scolded him.

In a wave of shame, Agastya cast his eyes downward, grappling with the consequences of the emotional turmoil and anger that had driven him to create this mess.

"Today, you've disappointed Dadamahraj and Babasa." Jagriti admonished with a tone heavy with reproach. " You've shown blatant disrespect for their orders, despite Babasahab (his Grandfather) explicitly warning us that this secret must remain confined within the walls of Amar Mahal. It was made clear that she needs to mature before we even think about revealing this truth, and you've jeopardized everything. She's not mature enough to comprehend these matters now. By divulging the secret prematurely, you've opened the door for potential harm. Our enemies could exploit this information as a weapon against us if it falls into their hands. You were well aware of the risks, but now everything lies in ruins. She knows it all. "