Chapter 10 ~☆ I Thought You're Different ☆ ~

Nirjhara was drying her hair, her lithe Milky form was wafting the scent of sandalwood, the atmosphere had become delightful because of the early morning drizzle, the faint aroma of wet sand permeated the air.

Despite the nice and pleasant season, she was lost. Even after bathing, there was no luminosity that normally shone on her face; that luminescence had vanished. The radiance of her face had faded away, her body was still fragrant, but her face had become pale.

Nirjhara heard the slight creak of the door as it opened. She spun around, quickly throwing a towel onto the chair next to her; she knew that even a mere glance from Prithviraj would have been enough to reduce her to a puddle, like the melting of an iceberg. Despite her attempts to hold back her tears, they still streamed down her face when they came face-to-face in the washroom. Nothing could halt her turbulent flood of emotions .

Nirjhara mustering up all her strength, pursed her lips together, tightly shutting her eyes,
inhaling deeply and quickly containing her defeated emotions, and wiping away her tears.

She hastily stepped away from the dresser and opened the wardrobe, hoping to find something precious inside it to help her avoid facing Prithviraj in any way.

The wounded memories of the previous night stayed fresh in her mind and it was playing on repeat in her head. His words were like scathing arrows penetrating her ears, despite her best efforts to push them out of her mind.

Prithviraj entered the room, a towel wrapped around the waist of his toned physique, the water droplets dripping onto his face, using his free hand to wipe off the water that clung to his hair.

His eyes anxiously sought Nirjhara, the place was desolate without her presence. His gaze then fell upon the dresser, it reminded him, where she usually got ready and dried her hair when he emerged from the washroom, This time however, the dresser was hauntingly vacant and still, memories of her pale visage haunted him.

He hadn't seen her looking so awful in the three years they had been together. Even the fights they had were never typical couple arguments, They had cold fights often. Whenever the situation triggered in the wrong direction, she always stepped back and tried to make the atmosphere warm.

They used to fight only when he was interested; to show his dominance on her and to show her that how clumsy, naive and immature she is, otherwise, she never fought with him nor tried to argue.

Despite being ten years younger than Prithviraj, Nirjahra always conducted herself maturely in their relationship. She would always attempt to comprehend his view and could even be right in some cases, though at times she would prove herself wrong or he would simply proved her .

She was always kind and would try her best to make him content and not give him any reason for complaint.

His head spun as he wracked his brain for a rational explanation, but still unable to comprehend the cause for her abrupt conduct. This time, however, was different.

Questions bubbled up from within him - " She was completely fine last night, then what had changed in the past night, why her demeanor had shifted so drastically. We hadn't even fought, then what is causing her distress? Is this due to her monthly cycle? Really, Is it a time of the month thing or if something else was making her act this way? "