Chapter 22: Sunny Party

Well, this wasn't how Lucario thought today would go, but then again with Ash it shouldn't be surprising someone would fall off a cliff. The jackal Pokémon just didn't think it would be Goh. Out of the two lads he was by far the most cautious, then again recklessness was contagious. Hence forth the reason why he went along with his master's descendant to ensure that the lad didn't fall off another cliff.

The fact that the pup had begged top go along had nothing to do with Lucario's decision.

"Goh!" Ash called out.

"Pika!!!"

"OLU!!!"

"Now where did he run off too?" Ash said.

Lucario scanned the island with a skim of aura sight. Goh's pale ghost was visible, and calm if a little shellshocked.

He's alright, near the human settlement.

"Guess we're going that way then," Ash murmured and changed direction.

Are you certain that is the correct direction? From what I saw the Village is in another spot.

"But the school is this way! If Goh's made it back into town. Then he's probably met one of my old classmates by now and they would take him to the school. Besides I got lost in these jungles a lot. I know them like the back of my hand by now," Ash said.

Well, that was comforting. Still Lucario followed the lad through the trees and on the dirt path.

"ASH! PIKACHU!"

Lucario didn't have a moment to even turn around, and Ash was running off to hug a flying shiny red...something....

"Hello Ash!"

"Rotom!" The lad called out.

"I missed you so much!" the red shape said.

"I missed you too."

"How have you been doing?"

"Pika!"

"Awesome!"

Ash's phone then made the pinning noise and started talking like it did when it scanned something. So, this red shape was a Rotom? Lucario tilted his head. Clearly one of the more modern-day forms he wasn't familiar with...then again, all forms of this species were foreign to Lucario.

"Everyone is already at the Pokémon school," Rotom said.

"Oh, that's great! We were just heading in that direction," Ash said.

Then the little flying red thing homed in on him and the pup. Lucario pulled Riolu behind him.

"Ohhh!!!" the red thing beeped and began to fly around them franticly taking pictures.

Lucario resisted the urge to swat the annoyingly alive pokedex out of the air.

"More data! Lucario's much less the pre-evolved forms are not native to the alola isles! I can update my data base!!!!"

The pup let out a squeak and shoved his face into Lucario's leg. Alright...

Ash is this a former companion of yours?

Rotom froze.

"Yeah, Rotomdex served as my guide to all the Pokémon of alola while I was living here."

"Pika!"

Then perhaps you can tell him to mind personal space before he learns to regret it.

"Got it," Ash said, pulling the flying red nuisance away.