𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗶𝘃𝗮𝗹

ρяσℓσgυє | 𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒗𝒂𝒍‿︵୨˚̣̣̣͙ ☽ ☾ ˚̣̣̣͙୧‿︵

ρяσℓσgυє | 𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒗𝒂𝒍
‿︵୨˚̣̣̣͙ ☽ ☾ ˚̣̣̣͙୧‿︵

Sally Jackson woke with a strangled gasp, blinking a few times, a confused expression crept across her face as she caught glimpses of the sky filled with gray clouds and lightning streaking between them. The woman turned her head from side to side, her eyes scanning the place, realizing that she was in the woods. The certainty of that brought a heavy feeling inside her, causing her to close her eyes tightly as she took a deep breath before opening them a moment later and lifting herself off the ground.

Once on her feet, Sally didn't wait another minute and started to walk in one direction with her mind set on getting out of the woods, which, although she didn't want to accept, she recognized all too well.

The place was terribly quiet; there was no sign of any other living soul around besides Sally, something that slowly began to alter her nerves as she walked through the woods, her footsteps resounding against the ground, lifting particles of soil with them.

As the seconds passed, a sudden feeling of being watched took over the woman, causing her eyes to wander around the place constantly and her footsteps to quicken. A shiver ran down her spine before she shook her head and focused on the task of getting out of the woods, which made her feel as if it were trying to swallow her in its darkness.

Sally suddenly halted in her tracks; her eyes narrowed as she spotted a small glint dancing in the air in front of her. "A firefly." She murmured, letting out a shaky breath.

The firefly flew around the woman, causing her to turn around. A gasp left her mouth, her eyes widening in shock at what was in front of her.

"Why am I here?" Sally whispered as if she were afraid to draw any attention towards herself; memories of her past flashed through her mind as she watched the stump in front of her. "Why did you allow me to find you?" She runs her hands up and down her arms, trying to get rid of the goose bumps that appeared on her skin.

"Sally"

A voice calling her name echoed through the woods, causing the woman to quickly take her attention off the Nemeton and move her gaze all around the place, turning on her heels until she finally spotted something—a figure of a person standing a few feet away from her.

Sally squinted her eyes, trying to take in the person's features, but it seemed the darkness played against her, blocking any facial features of the person to avoid being recognized. "Who are you?"

The person only tilted their head at the question that left Sally's lips; two beats passed, and another person made their presence known, walking towards the first one to stand side by side as an answer was finally heard: "No, who are you. Who are we."

Sally stumbled, the voice causing her to go visibly pale. Her heart started racing as her breath hitched. Alarms began to sound in her head as the two people began to walk towards her. Sally stepped back until her heels bumped against the Nemeton.