X ⛵General Concensus? AAAAAAAAAAAH!

chapter X

chapter X

🌷  Daphne should've been paying attention to not falling out of the boat. But truthfully, all she could think was: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Although, it wasn't the stupidest thing that she'd said. She thought Percy was crazy when he yelled, "Thermos!" as they hurtled toward the water.

"What?" Daphne screamed, thinking he'd lost his mind. She was holding on to the boat straps for dear life, her hair flying straight up like a torch. Her head was whipping round with the wind.

But Tyson understood. He managed to open Percy's duffel bag and take out Hermes's magical thermos without losing his grip on it or the boat.

Arrows and javelins whistled past them, narrowly avoiding skewering their heads off.

Percy grabbed the thermos and hoped he was doing the right thing. "Hang on!"

"I am hanging on!" Daphne yelled. It was true - her arms were curled around Annabeths torso, hands clinging to the boat beneath her.

"Tighter!"

She hooked her feet under the boat's inflatable bench, and Tyson grabbed Annabeth, Daphne and Percy by the backs of their shirts. Percy gave the thermos cap a quarter turn and instantly, a white sheet of wind jetted out of the thermos and propelled them sideways, turning their downward plummet into a forty-five-degree crash landing.

The wind seemed to laugh as it shot from the thermos, like it was glad to be free. As they hit the ocean, they bumped once, twice, skipping like a stone, then were whizzing along like a speed boat, salt spray in their faces and nothing but sea ahead.

Daphne heard a wail of outrage from the ship behind them, but they were already out of weapon range. The Princess Andromeda faded to the size of a white toy boat in the distance, and then it was gone.

"Oh, no," Daphne moaned and fell down on the boat, pressing her back as far as it would go. "No, no, no. This is so - I can't-"

Annabeth glanced at her, carefully removing her hands from gripping onto her arms and interrupting her blood circulation. "Daphne, it's okay! We're smooth sailing now-"