Mortis's eyes flashed with anger, her grip tightening around the handle of her knife. She shot Dabi a fierce glare, her voice dripping with venom. "Say another word, and you'll regret it," she warned, her tone cold and deadly.

Dabi raised an eyebrow, seemingly unfazed by Mortis's threat. "Ooh, scary," he taunted, leaning back with a smirk.

Before Mortis could respond, Shigaraki stepped in, his expression darkening. "Enough," he snapped, his voice cutting through the tension in the room. "We have more important matters to attend to."

Dabi shrugged, shooting Mortis one last smirk before turning his attention back to Shigaraki. "Whatever you say, boss."

As the tension in the room simmered, the door swung open, and Hawks sauntered in, his easy smile belying the gravity of the situation. His sleek feathers rustled softly as he approached the group, his sharp eyes taking in the scene with keen interest.

"Sorry I'm late, folks," Hawks chimed in, his voice smooth and casual. "Had to make sure no one was tailing me."

Shigaraki's gaze narrowed at Hawks' arrival, his suspicion evident. "Well, well, well, if it isn't our feathered friend," he remarked, his tone laced with sarcasm. "To what do we owe the pleasure?"

Hawks shrugged casually, his grin unwavering. "Just thought I'd pop in and see how everyone's doing," he remarked, a glint of mischief in his eyes. "And maybe I brought a little something to spice up the gathering."

With a swift motion, Hawks withdrew a small flash drive from his pocket, raising it for all to see. "Got some top-notch intel on the hero commission," he divulged, his smile widening. "Thought it might come in handy."

Shigaraki's curiosity sparked, his eyes gleaming with interest. "Well, don't keep us waiting," he urged, gesturing for Hawks to share.

Hawks smirked, tossing the flash drive onto the table with a flick of his wrist. "Consider it a gift from yours truly," he quipped, his tone tinged with amusement. "Enjoy."

Shigaraki's grip tightened around the drive as he pocketed it with his gloved hand, his mind already buzzing with the possibilities.

"And don't worry, Shigaraki," Hawks added with a playful tone. "I promise this one's a winner."

Spinner chuckled, settling onto the sofa with Mortis. "Let's hope so. Last time Hawks did something for us, he didn't exactly hit the target."

Dabi interjected with an eye roll. "Yeah, Hawks, your aim was fucking ass."

Hawks raised his hands in mock surrender, a smirk playing on his lips. "Hey, blame the drinks, not the shooter."

Mortis crossed her arms, her gaze narrowing as she addressed Hawks. "And what makes you think we can trust this intel, huh? You've been playing both sides for too long."

Hawks leaned back, unfazed by her skepticism. "Come on, Mortis, you know I wouldn't steer you wrong," he retorted, his tone smooth and persuasive. "I'm just trying to help out here."

Dabi chimed in with a smirk. "Yeah, Mortis, give the poor guy a break. He's risking his neck playing spy for us."

Mortis shot Dabi a withering glare before turning back to Hawks. "I don't buy it," she stated firmly. "You've got too many loyalties, Hawks. Who's to say you won't double-cross us in the end?"

Hawks's expression hardened, a hint of annoyance flashing in his eyes. "I've proven my loyalty time and time again. I shot the symbol of hope, just for you guys," he insisted, his voice firm. "You can trust me."

Dabi leaned back, enjoying the tension in the air. "Seems like Mortis has trust issues," he remarked with a smirk. "Can't blame her, though. We've all been burned before."