I got to go

I stood at my window in my new room. The window looked onto the street below, bustling with people. Today was Sunday, tomorrow I would have to go to school. I sighed at the thought. 

My room was about the size of my old one. The walls were light purple which matched the green furniture I brought. The floor was hardwood but I put down a white shag rug. The window I was looking out had a window seat full of pillows and pink lace curtains framed the window.

All of a sudden something snaked around my waist.

"I got to go," Drew whispered into my ear.

"Is everything okay?" I asked, referring to the worry in his voice.

"I got a call from my mom. My dad has been in an accident," he buried his face into my neck as he spoke.

"Then I am coming," I sighed. 

"Okay," Drew mumbled.

He was quiet all the way to the scene of the car accident. Once there the scene was horrifying. A crushed car and Drew's dad'd truck were twisted together. One women was being lifted out of the car and put into an ambulance. Emergency teams were working to get Mr. Turnner from the truck.

We met up with Drew's mom and younger brother. The brother, who seemed about ten, was crying and holding onto his mother. Drew's mom had her black hair tied up on top her head and her black eyes were watery.

"Is he okay?" Drew asked. I grabbed his shaking hand in an attempt to calm him.

"He's not responsive," his mother, I think Drew mentioned earlier he name was Julie, said in a shaking voice. Drew hugged Julie, never letting go of my hand. I looked around at the scene to see that several news vehicles had gathered. What if my dad saw me on the news? I quickly brushed that thought off when I heard Drew say my name.

"This is Cassandra," Drew said it proudly even considering the circumstances, "she is my girlfriend."

"I have heard so much about you," Julie said as she shook my hand. "I am sorry about your father, if you need anything don't be afraid to ask."

"Thank you," I said. Drew bent down to his brother's height. 

"Tyler, this is Cassandra," Drew nodded his head toward me. Tyler smiled at me eventhough tears still stained his blue eyes.

"They got him out!" someone shouted from near the trcuk.

"Watch you brother!" Julie yelled as she ran toward he husband. Mr. Turnner was bleeding a lot, paemedics scrambled to stop the bleeding. His face was bashed and cut. They loaded him into the ambulance. Drew, Tyler and I followed the ambulance to the hospital.