Can I take you up on that offer?

Just a filler!

Chapter Four

I stuffed the note in my pocket before taking a deep breathe and pushing open the door. I kicked off my boots and shrugged off my jacket. Suddenly I heard shuffling in the living room.

“What the hell were you thinking?” my father yelled as he stormed into the porch.

“I was thinking that I am tired of not being able to go out after school!” I screamed.

“You are a child, you listen to me!” he boomed.

“I am sixteen!” I yelled, “I can have my freedoms!”

“You are just like you mother!” he hissed, “You’re just a lying, cheating bitch!”

“My mother is a woman who was smart enough to get away from a sexist bastard!” I snapped back.

Suddenly a hand came back and hit me hard across the face, knocking me into the coat rack. My hand touched the place were my father had hit. A few tears spilled over my eyes. I looked up at my father then ducked my head and ran up the stairs.

Somewhere in the process of packing a bag and thinking of places I could go I broke down on the floor, crying until there was nothing left to cry. Dry heaves escaped my lips as I curled up into a tighter ball. I was always scared he would hit me but I never thought he would.

“Cassandra?” I heard a voice from the door. I stiffened and got up, only relaxing when I saw Mitch. He quickly pulled me into a protective brother hug.

“Is there anywhere for you to go?” Mitch asked once he noticed my half packed bag.

“If I leave he will kill me,” I said threw trembling lips.

 “I’ll cover for you,” he sighed. He sat at my desk and I sat on my bed.

“Would you?” I asked.

“Yes,” he said, “I hate dad just as much as you. I can’t wait until I graduate in a few months.”

“Lucky you,” I half laughed.

“Go,” he said, grabbing my bag and handing it to me. “Go to Misty’s place. I will get things sorted out.”

“How?” I asked, taking the bag from him and throwing it out my window, praying my iPod survived the fall.

“I am almost eighteen, I can soon get my own place,” he shrugged. “I have some money saved too.”

“You would let me live with you?” I asked.

“Of course, you’re my baby sister,” he laughed.

“Thanks,” I sighed before ducking out the window. I jumped onto a thick tree branch and started climbing down it. After grabbing my bag I walked down the street, stuffing my hand into my jean pocket. I felt paper brushing against my hand; I pulled out the paper and looked at the messily written writing sprawled across the green sticky note. If you need anything call me at 123-456-788.

I quickly pulled my beat up and abused phone and dialed the number.

“Hello,” said the voice on the other end.

“Drew ?” I asked.

“Cassandra?” he asked back.

“Yeah, it’s me,” I sighed. “Can I take you up on that offer?”