Welcome home Kasey!

Kasey's POV
I wake up in the hospital, and I've got this terrible migraine. As I kept flipping and turning due to the pain, I see Paul sleeping in the chair beside my bed. Which meant my parents don't know yet, but boy, they were about to get a bill.
"Kasey?" I heard a voice from the hallway say.

"Hey Daddy." I reply as he looks at me then to Paul. "It's not what you think dad, I did it to myself." I say as he walks toward me.

"I'm just glad your ok." he said giving me a warm hug before going to the front desk.

I became bored so decided to try and get up. I sat up and almost stood when Paul grabbed my arm.

"What are you doing? They said your staying on bed rest, remember?" He said a concerned look in his eyes.

I suddenly got lost in his eyes, they were so beautiful, and his hand was warm, a feeling of care.

"Umm Kase?"

"YA, ya I remember." I say trying to make sure he didn't notice my stutter.

"Well I better be going, but I'll come by your house when your dad takes you home?" He asked.

I nodded as he walked towards the door.

"Paul, wait." I say as he turns around coming back.

"Yes?"

"Come closer." I say as he leans close.
I grab the back of his neck and pull his head close to mine until I feel the spark between my lips to his. It felt like magic. For like three seconds when the kiss ended. Our eyes met.

"Kasey I-"

"Hey Paul!" My dad said before Paul could say anything else.

They shook hands leaving Paul in disapoint, causing him to leave.

Wait, wait, I just kissed Paul Ardley, and I liked it. No this cannot be happening, It has to be a dream, why would I fall for him? I mean come on he's Paul. A really cute sweet guy, who was secretly really smart.
Who am I kidding I do like him. but we can never be. Can we? Ugh enough of that, I'm going home soon.
**************
3 hours later, in my house.
"Welcome home Kasey!" A crowd of people shouted as I walked in.
My family was there, same with Josh and Paul.
Josh comes over and gives me a big hug.
"Ouch."

"Oh sorry I forgot that it was your torso." he said smiling.

I was just so happy to see him, and my family of course....not.
Paul came over and handed me a bouquet of roses.

"Aww thanks how sweet."

"Yea, like you." he said walking away giving me a wink.

I could see Josh staring at me giving me the you like him face. Typical Joshua always thinks he knows everything, because he does.

"So Kasey what happened?" Josh asked starting at me.

I try making no eye contact whatsoever, "nothing." I say turning red.

"You kissed him!" He shouts.

"What the hell, how'd you-"

"Stop right there Kasey, did he ask you out?" He asks.

I roll my eyes. "Oh Joshua, maybe he did, maybe he didn't." I say trying to keep the suspension up.

He gives me a stare causing me to confess.

"Fine, he did not." I say trying to be mature.

"Not yet." he says giving me a wink.
What's with the winking today?.