What does a businesswoman have anything to do with a man of that sort?

"Are you going to continue staring or do you have any intention of eating?", her sharp voice grabbed my attention.

I need to find answers once I return home.

Thinking that, I pulled the closest plate towards me and started eating, picking up the spoon and fork in my hands.

"YOU .... are you .. ugh", she muttered, displeased.

I looked up from the plate and towards her, raising a brow.

"You're eating my food.", she stated, pursing her lips, giving me a displeased gaze.

I looked down at my plate and then back at hers.

"Why would you order two plates of the same dish for yourself?", I asked, confused.

"That's my wish!", she exclaimed in a low tone.

"There's also two varieties of deserts here.", I pointed out calmly.

"That's for me too.", she said sharply.

I nodded and called for the waitress.

"Yes, sir.", she greeted politely.

"Could you get me another plate of the same dish?", I asked in a neutral tone.

"Sure, sir.", she smiled and walked away.

I looked back at Ms. Baker.

"You want me to wait until it comes?", she asked dryly.

"I already ate from this plate. If it doesn't bother you, you can have it back.", I said, my tone subtly lacing with a mocking challenge.

"You're childish.", she muttered, sneering in contempt.

"More childish than the woman who deliberately hid the black t-shirt and placed the old faded shirt in front of my door?", I retorted.

Her eyes widened, lips parting in shock.

"You knew?", she asked, stunned.

"I could hear your conversation with the lady.", I replied stoically.

"You eavesdropped.", she commented tersely.

"I overheard.", I corrected.

"That shirt wouldn't have fitted you anyway. So, I removed it.", she cleared her throat, speaking nonchalantly.

"How do you know that? Have you checked me out that keenly?", I raised a brow, my lips faintly curving up into a subtle smirk.

"What? No way!", she said immediately, her eyes wide in bewilderment, brows furrowed together.

"Your tone sure sounds guilty and defensive.", I stated, leaning back leisurely.

"I'm not getting defensive, stop assuming.", she said sternly.

"Why else didn't you clarify when that lady called me your 'husband' and not 'fiancé'?", I asked calmly.

"What ... that's because -", she was saying, but I cut her off.

"Because you liked it when she called me your 'husband'?", I questioned, my tone calm yet slightly provoking.

"You wish!", she retorted, scoffing.

"No, I do not wish to be your husband.", I provoked deliberately.

"As if you can be! Good that you know your place and are not dreaming for the impossible.", she commented haughtily, contempt underlying her tone.