nine

last night felt like pure bliss. conor and i fell asleep entangled. i woke up this morning to his hand on my hip rubbing it while his other hand held up his phone. he's texting his family about the game today. he's spooning me. i dig my head into the pillow and little further and roll onto my stomach. his hand moving to my back.

"good morning" he says laughing, his voice husky from our sleep

"morn" i reply sighing. i feel like i could never have to leave.

"well todays going to be fun. but it's already 9:45am, so we should get going." he tells me while he gets out of bed and throws on a shirt. last night he wore sweatpants to bed. i nod and start gathering my thoughts while packing up my bag.

———

conor dropped me off about an hour ago, i showered and got ready. we have practice at 12 then the big home opener tonight at 7 against the wild. matt is supposed to come over after the game for a bit with some of the other wild boys. i have wine, cheese, and crackers. and about 5 frozen pizzas in the freezer.

as i get ready my mind floats back to last night, what conor and i did. how much it made me trust him and feel so connected to him. how he told me i was beautiful beyond just sexual things. it means a lot. i finish getting ready and cleaning. my car is packed and i feel good. i call matt on the way to the rink. they already warmed up at home and are taking the short flight to chicago. he's about to get onto the tarmac as i hang up.

our parents were supposed to come tonight but my aunt isn't doing to well. so their staying home in boston to take care of her. the rink is quiet as i set up everything in the locker room and the trainers room. it's almost noon so the guys should be starting practice soon. i'm still organizing my area when i get a knock on the door. it's the head coach Luke Richardson. or Rich as the players call him.

"oh hey mr. richardson, what can i do for you?" i ask kindly while turning my body towards him, walking up to him.

"hey boldy, well first you can call me rich. and i just wanted to stop by to let you know that nothing is personal tonight, when the wild lose we won't hold a grudge" he says chuckling, i join him.

"i don't know who to root for. i'm torn. as long as no one gets hurt im happy with the outcome". i respond smiling and leaning back into some of the cabinets.

"yeah yeah, well thank you. you've been a good addition to the staff and team dynamic. we appreciate you and keep doing what your doing". he tells me and waved goodbye out of my office. i smile to myself as i wipe down some of the tables and set up my laptop. i reply to a couple of emails then go to find eleanor. sometimes after practice starts we come into my trainers room and sit on the tables and do work. i text her and she reply's
that she is coming.

we sit there for 2 hours on our laptops, working and listening to music. we're being productive until we hear laughing and two familiar faces walk into the room. conor and kevin are joking with eachother and walk in to say hi.

"hey ladies" kevin says jokingly

"hey kevin." i reply while shutting my laptop

"so we were thinking we could maybe all go grab coffee before the game?" conor asks

"i actually have a lot of editing to do before tonight. sorry guys!" eleanor says packing up

"uh i still need to finish some injury reports and call my parents." i reply while putting on my backpack.

conor and kevin nod and i leave while they chat with eleanor.

i go home and change into my leggings and team sweatshirt and team jacket. i also put on a blackhawks beanie. i throw in a load of laundry and turn on the bachelor in the meantime. i get a text from matt and conor. matt says just landed and conor says leaving for the rink now. see you there em

i smile at both their texts and go to the rink. i set up injury reports and help with some normatec treatment and taping. then everyone has gone to do their pregame ritual. tonight game is completely sold out.

———
warmups begin and matt comes over to say hi to me. we take a picture by eleanor and then i watch him warmup. the game begins and the first period is scoreless. second period arrives fast and conor has 2 goals and an assist to nick foligno. then the wild respond with a goal by brock faber, and a goal from kirill kaprizov. the third period begin and the rink is electric. then kevin scores and the game ends. chicago wins! i wait after to congratulate conor and introduce him to matt.

"matt this is conor- conor this is matt." i say introducing them. matt gives him a bit of a protective glare while he shakes his hand.

"nice to meet you" conor says

"yeah." says matt

"matt be nice." i tell him giving him an elbow to the ribs. "okay well we should probably get going" i say to matt

"wait- conor are you coming over later?" he asks

"ah i wasn't planning on it no." he says awkwardly

"you should come. brock, kiril, marcus, and nick are all coming. everyone else is resting at the hotel." matt tells him

"yeah ill stop by. see you guys soon." he says walking away

i drive matt and brock home and let them shower while i set out food and drinks. soon enough kirill, marcus, and nick show up. marcus invited nick because their brothers and its a fun time. i invited eleanor and kevin so i think they'll stop by too. i pour myself a glass of champagne and some for everyone else.

———

the night goes smoothly as everyone is introduced. i had a few too many glasses of champagne so conor helps me to take everyone back to the hotel. we just dropped them off and said our goodbyes- i shed a few tears saying bye to matt. they leave early tomorrow morning.

———-
A/N
sorry to cut off abruptly but this chapter is getting long!!