Chapter 13

Now all six of them sat in the kitchens, Sirius sat with an arm around Y/N, on a couch that only fit two people, while Remus sat in a chair opposite to Y/N. Lily and Potter sat close, and Peter sat in the remaining space he found, as he went straight to the kitchen elves for food, losing the opportunity to choose his place to sit.

The atmosphere was tense for two people in the room, Y/N and Moony, but no one seemed to bat an eye at that, since when Prongs and Padfoot were in the same place, the conversation never seemed to stop, especially after a few drinks.

However, Y/N couldn't keep her mind off when the marauders first walked in. At first, she was shocked and wanted an explanation for this so she shut the door in James' face to get just that, she looked for Lily, while outside Peter argued that this was a mistake and they should go back, but Sirius had none of that and explained that as soon as she saw his face she would let them in which made all of them roll their eyes and even made Moony scoff, so he proceed to knock on the door himself this time to prove his point.

Y/N still hadn't found the other girl and opened the door again, now realising how rude she might have come out as when she shut the door in James' face. She opened it only to have her eyes meet Sirius', which seemed to sparkle at the sight of her, so she let them in, expecting only two boys to come in. As soon as she saw Moony her demeanour changed completely, now she was confused, her feelings were puzzled and he could feel her soft eyes on him, but he couldn't show any affection, so he stood there waiting for his friends to take a seat. Y/N realised he was going to continue this act. She took a seat, and Sirius took this opportunity to sit next to her, and she sat quietly staring at the small table that held her drink, while the boys began talking. She couldn't recall when Sirius put his arm around her but she realised it was there as soon as Lily came back.

"Oh, you're the ones making all that noise" she said, like she knew they would be there, Y/N felt a little disappointed that her friend had invited them and not told her, was she not fun enough to be around that she needed to invite all marauders? But she would keep that question to herself for another time.

At that the boys laughed "We couldn't let you have all the fun" James said and ushered her to sit next to him, to which she complied.

"That and last time our badger here had some fun she almost got detention" Now it was Sirius's time to talk and Y/N hated that he had to bring that up, but she faked a smile "Did not!" she replied quickly and looked forward to seeing the boy sitting opposite her had finally looked at her, she smiled a little, as if to call a truce, but he averted his gaze once again.

After this, they drank drinking again and they spoke about everything, but no one except two people in the room seemed to notice when Y/N leaned into Sirius, almost embracing him, Lily and Remus, Lily almost gasped at the sight but turned it into a wink shot at the girl, who only rolled her eyes in response. Remus sat quietly, not knowing what to do, but as soon as he saw Sirius' hand slide from her shoulder to her waist and pull her closer, he had to leave.

He finished his drink and took a few breaths before breaking the conversation –something about some professor– and standing up saying he was going for a smoke, but he claimed he'd be back later. Y/N noticed his exact behaviour before leaving and assumed she should go after him, but she sat in silence, hoping he would eventually come back like he said. So for about thirty minutes, she laid enjoying Sirius's warmth while staring at the door and making small comments in the conversation until she stood up –not without some complaints from Padfoot– and insisted she must go to bed as it was getting late, everyone said their good nights to her as she left

But what they didn't know was that she would make a quick stop before going to her common room...