Chapter 6

*hey guys, it's lime, hope you are enjoying the story. Feel free to comment as much as you like :)*

Y/N had gotten to the station earlier that day, she couldn't get a good night's sleep, and woke up early, he had left without as much as a goodbye. As she was already up she told Ms Ruth she would be heading out earlier, using the excuse that she was a prefect and had to be there earlier. Obviously, it was a lie, as most other prefects would stay with their friends before attending their duties, but she couldn't stay in that camp any longer. She was tired of looking at that log and longing to see a certain clumsy blonde that sat there a few days ago.

She got there at the same time Lily Evans was arriving, which meant Y/N had less time alone than she thought. She hurried to the cabin, closing the door and the blinds, she had about 20 minutes to herself, before Evans would come in. Lily and Y/N knew each other, they were friendly, but not friends. As much as Lily had tried to befriend the fellow prefect, Y/N felt intimidated and would only make small talk with the girl. However, the more she looked out the window the more she realised how close the red-haired girl was to the marauders, especially James, who, just like Sirius, she had known from their infamous pranks, except with James it was different, he respected her more and didn't hit on her, obviously too in love with Lily to give any other girl that type of attention. Getting back to her initial track of thought she created a plan to get close to her, hopefully leading her to form some kind of friendship with rem- the marauders. She had to stop focusing on him so much. He left her, I mean, not even a goodbye or a "hey, I'm leaving", no, nothing. Godr-

Her twenty minutes were up, but the person who walked in was red-haired girl, it was a boy with glasses, someone she didn't want to see just yet, as the memories flooded back into her mind, but there he was.

"Hello Y/N, how's my favourite hufflepuff prefect doing?" he asked while turning his head slightly to the side to make better eye contact.

"James, I'm alright, and don't worry, I don't think the other one will be joining us" She was laughing, obviously referring to Isaac Walsh, the other hufflepuff prefect, who for some reason he and Sirius had grown to hate, making it very clear that she was the only hufflepuff prefect they liked.

Just as she said that the door slipped open and Lily walked in with a huge smile on her face. "Potter you are earl- ouch" she finished as she was engulfed in a hug by the boy. Y/N smiled, when did this happen?

"let me go... Y/N, hello, how are you?" she said while struggling to get out of his hold and take a seat next to where James was sat before.

"Apparently not as good as you" Y/N jokes with a chuckle, which made James smirk and Lily blush and avoid any eye contact.

"sorry badger, just missed her that's all" James let out, using the nickname he, Sirius, and Peter gave her when she caught them preparing a prank during Christmas in third year — when was very quiet and could sneak around the whole castle (I mean she was the only one who knew all the hidden passage ways, which made it easier), so Peter referred to her as Badger, as he couldn't remember her name, she acted like one, and was a hufflepuff, so it stuck and they all started calling her that — she hated it, but smiled at the word, she missed when she was younger, and much more innocent and dedicated.

"It's quite alright, as long as Evans is enjoying herself" Now they were both smirking at the redhead, it was hilarious to see her face turn as red as her hair.

"Oh will you two stop it!" She teased "The slytherin and ravenclaw prefects got their own cabin and Isaac won't be joining us. I say we get our meeting out the way" she looked at them hoping they would agree.

"Anything for you my dear Lily-flower" James said, making both the girls around him chuckle. And they got to their meeting, which was just them making arrangements for the first weeks of class, as they would get together after a few weeks, and joking with Lily. After about half an hour they were done and James was the first to leave, not before winking at Evans waving at Y/N. Lily was the next to leave, but before she closed the door she looked at the other.

"You seem different... happier" She looked as if she wanted to crawl into Y/N's eyes and see what caused her to change but he couldn't, however she could give her one more shot at friendship.

"... I guess I just had a good summer" she replied with a shy smile, trying to hide her face in her hair to avoid Lily's intense but welcoming stare.

"I'm glad, I like this side of you" she closed the door, only to open it again twice as fast "Oh and happy late birthday Y/N" she closed it again, running down the hall to find her friends, leaving the other girl behind, beaming as if someone had just given her the best gift in the world. She was happy, her mind could finally relax.

So she did, leading her to a deep sleep she would only wake up from when the train came to a stop. She was home, and this was going to be her year.