Chapter 28: Karaoke Night

A few weeks later

P.O.V. Tessy

It's the day before we leave for the award show. Nikki and I came with the perfect idea to spend the day. We are going to do a karaoke night in duos at my parents bar. The duos are: Nikki and Sam, Sam and Colby, Colby and me and of course Nikki and me. We have the whole day to prepare 3 songs per duo and at 7 pm we will perform it. But first "rehearsals."

Nikki and I picked our songs and started rehearsing it. It goes pretty well and the time flies by. On the other hand we hear in the other room some discussions. Nikki and I started laughing before we went further. "Nik, maybe we have to come up with a little dance for the last song," I suggest. She is hesitant at first but after I showed the easy choreo she finally gives in. This is going to be awesome.

~~~

Later that day we arrived at my parents' bar. I give my mom a big hug. "I've missed you darling." She gives a kiss on my cheek. My dad also steps in for a hug but I turn around and follow the rest to our seats. We ordered some drinks and let's start the night!

Colby and I started the night with an enthusiastic performance of "Summer Nights" from Grease, and the crowd eagerly joined in, creating a romantic atmosphere. Transitioning seamlessly into "Perfect Harmony" from Julie and the Phantoms, our harmonies captivated the audience. We wrapped up with a grand finale, singing "Till Forever Falls Apart" by Finneas.

Next up, Sam and Nikki treated the crowd to a mix of classic and contemporary hits. Their emotionally charged rendition of "Until I Found U" set the stage, and a spirited performance of "You're the One That I Want" from Grease, complete with playful dance moves, added to the excitement. They concluded with a fun rendition of "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" by Elton John and Kiki Dee, bringing a nostalgic vibe to the room.

Colby and Sam then took the stage, showcasing their bromance through a medley of songs. Starting with the playful banter of "The Girl Is Mine" by Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney, they smoothly transitioned into the sultry vibes of Ginuwine's "Pony," complete with unexpected dance moves. Nikki and I were in complete shock, we never knew they had these dance moves in mind but they were very good. Their set ended on a heartwarming note with Bruno Mars' "Just the Way You Are," singing it right to us as a way of appreciation of being in their lives.

The final duo, Nikki and I, closed the night with a fierce performance. Our rendition of "The Boy Is Mine" had the audience on the edge of their seats, and the energy escalated with Lady Gaga and Beyoncé's "Telephone." Synchronized choreography during The Pussycat Dolls' "Don't Cha" brought the night to its peak, leaving the audience and our boyfriends cheering for more.