00:16

I looked up from my laptop as I heard the locks of the door being turned

I looked up from my laptop as I heard the locks of the door being turned. I paused the video as Mika strolled in, not once looking at me.

"Hey" she muttered slinging her bag into the chair.

"Uh hey" I cleared my throat. "Wanna get dinner with me?"

"Nah I'm not hungry, I'm gonna head to the gym" I closed my laptop.

"I'll come with you" she gave me a confused look before shrugging.

"Thought you was allergic to working out" I slid on my shoes.

"Today I'm not" she grabbed her other bag as we left out the door. "So how you been?"

"Good" she typed away on her phone as I sighed.

"Tamika" she glanced up at me. "Why am I getting one word answers from you? What did I do?"

She sighed. "It's not you Mani" we stopped walking as she looked over at me. "Reliving the whole thing with Cierra has been getting me"

"Are you ready to talk about what happened?" She nodded.

"Remember the trip we took to Florida for one of the away games?" I nodded. Freshman year, Mika was on the cheer team which is where she met Cierra and introduced us.

"Well a lot happened over that trip, something unexpected for both Cierra and I. We grew close"

"Well y'all always seem closer to one another than me and you" she shook her head.

"No mani, we were extremely close. We liked one another... at least I thought it was mutual" I raised an eyebrow.

"I didn't know Cierra was into that" I muttered as we started walking again.

"I was the first girl she ever took a step further with. We hid it from everyone for so long until the spring away game in Florida. That's when shit went left"

"Hold up, why didn't y'all tell me when it first happened" she sighed.

"I promised her I wouldn't tell anyone. She was still with Richie and what happened between us couldn't come out"

"When the game came, we got assigned the same room with Natasha and Zay. She was scared they would catch on to what we had with each other." She tugged the strap of her bag. "Anyway, we all decided to go out once our team won and we hit up some house party and we all had too much liquor in our system"

Part of me felt queasy as she continued her story. That's when the shift in our trio friendship had changed. The day after they came back from the trip and Mika decided to quit the team.

"Cierra was extremely handsy and kept whispering stuff to me. I had a few too many shots so I wasn't thinking clearly. We snuck away from the crowd and were kissing each other" she glanced at me.