00:17

Basketball Season: Game 1 🦊

         I bounced the ball against the court as I eyed a few of my teammates who were trying to be open for the pass

I bounced the ball against the court as I eyed a few of my teammates who were trying to be open for the pass. I looked at Caleb who was waving his hands to pass but I ignored him. I crossed up the player in front of me as I started running down the court drowning out the crowd. I did a quick pass to another teammate as he shot the ball and hit a perfect three. I smiled clapping my hands when the opposing coach called a time out.

We only have 20 seconds left in this quarter before the game was over. I jogged over to Coach Knox who had a firm grip on his clipboard. "Looking good out there, we are 3 points away from winning"

I glanced at the scoreboard feeling the pressure. During the first quarter, most of our team was nervous and it showed. The opposing team took it to their advantage and scored a lot. We started picking it back up around the end of second quarter.

"I know we all had a lot of differences with one another but today we will work as a team, pass the ball the moment you see an opportunity to score. Got it?" I felt Caleb eyed me but I smirked. I had no intention on ever passing that nigga the ball. The ref blew the whistle as we all ran back on the court. I glanced out in the crowd seeing my father and aunt cheering me on. I looked a little more to the left to see Mani smiling at me with a poster of my face on it.

I smiled at her as the ref blew the whistle again. Caleb had the ball and of course he was blocked by two people. The ticking of the clock had us all on edge as he tried to fake them out. I sprinted towards the back of the court as I raised my arms. He glanced at me before throwing the ball my way. I looked at the clock as those few players started running in my direction. I looked around at a few of my teammates waving their hands or juking the person guarding them. I dribbled the ball once before stepping back and releasing the ball from my fingertips at half court.

I watched intently with my arm still in the air as the ball smoothly went into the net. The room went up in cheers as I heard the buzzer. I smiled as my team hurdled me. "Yuh we going out tonight boys"

I chuckled as they made their way to coach with huge smiles. I walked the other direction as Mani threw her hands up. "I'm so proud of you"

"I'm glad you made it baby" I said picking her up as she laughed. I pressed my lips on hers as I heard a few people around scoff. Hope they choke on haterade.

"You know I wouldn't miss it"

"You wanna come out with me tonight, the team celebrating" she shook her head.

"Actually I was hoping if I could take you out alone tonight for winning the first game"

"Damn you planned a little date for me" she smiled nodding.

"I mean you gotta drive us there but yeah I did" I shook my head as she started laughing.

"I'll let you drive my car this one time" she started shimming her shoulders.