00:08

I stared at the apartment complex feeling like I should just turn around

             I stared at the apartment complex feeling like I should just turn around. It felt wrong. Tamika wasn't at our dorm when I left. So I didn't have to lie to her face on where I was at. I knew it was best to keep the two away from each other.

My feet began jogging up the steps as my mind went a mile a minute. Cierra seemed genuine about rekindling our friendship and with everyone getting on me about making the most experiences at college. I figured hanging out with her wouldn't hurt.

As soon as I knocked on the door, someone shuffled on the other side before opening it fully. There stood Cierra with a smile on her face.

"Oh mani, you made it" she pulled me into a hug catching me off guard. "Come in"

I walked in behind her as I immediately felt out of place. She informed me to wear pajamas and I was the only one who rolled up in sweats and an old t-shirt. They were wearing silk two pieces or the night dresses.

"I know you don't like to drink, so I got you some juice" I thanked her as I fixed myself a cup of juice. "We'll all be in living room"

Once she went back to tending her guests I looked around. She mentioned this is something her team does monthly and since one of the girls had recently quit, she invited me to come in her place.

I walked towards the living room clutching my cup as I maneuver past a few people who were dancing to the music playing in the background. I took a seat on the couch as they were already deep into conversation.

"..... I think it would be cool if the majorette team joined in with us during one of the games" one of the girls I knew as Quinn said.

"Ouuuu, maybe we could add them in our formation for halftime" Diana said sipping on her mixed drink.

"I'll talk to their team captain to see if we can make something shake" Cierra informed them all. "I would like to make a toast"

The music got turned down some as everyone gave her their undivided attention. She raised her glass smiling.

"I just want to say how proud I am of everyone especially Nina. You are definitely the glue that keeps us girls in check" she said to their team captain. I met her briefly last year when I attended my first game.

"Thank you Cierra for that and for letting us have our event at your place this month. As you all know this will be last semester before I graduate in December. With that being said we are showing out for every event. Be prepared to work your ass off and bring the heat" Nina said as they all clinked their glasses.

"Cheers" they all said before tossing their drink back. The music got turned up some as everyone went back to socializing.

"I can't wait till homecoming" Diana emphasized.

"It's gonna be a movie" Quinn said as some of the girls agreed.

"You running this year Ce?" She took a sip from her drink smiling.