Chapter no.2 Where am I?

Start from the beginning

On each of his cheeks, two Z-shaped cluster of freckles stood out, framing hazel eyes that looked back with a mix of fear and confusion.

As he let out a shriek, a woman's voice called from downstairs.

"Honey, is everything okay up there?!"

What do I do?

Who am I supposed to be here?

Peter thought frantically.

"I'm okay," he called back, his voice sounding strange to his own ears.

Why does that voice feel so familiar?

Is this some kind of lucid dream?

Peter wondered, his heart pounding in his chest.

Looking around the room once more, he tried to make sense of it all.

"This has to be a dream. A very, very vivid dream," Peter reassured himself, trying to calm his racing thoughts. "No way I just woke up in the body of a Pokémon-obsessed young adult. This has to be a lucid dream, right?"

"Honey, come down or you'll be late!" the woman's voice echoed again, more insistent this time.

Peter wiped the sweat from his forehead, his mind a whirlwind of confusion.

"What should I do?" he asked himself, the unfamiliarity of the situation making his heart race.

"I've never really had a proper conversation in a lucid dream. What kind of face should I even make?"

The absurdity of the situation dawned on him.

"I can't just go down and say, 'Hey, I'm actually Peter Asher, and I somehow turned into this when I woke up.' That would be ridiculous, right?" He chuckled nervously at the thought.

"This is a dream, so I should be able to say whatever I want," he reasoned, but a nagging doubt held him back. "Why am I hesitating? Is it because, even in my dreams, I don't want to be Peter Asher? I don't want to be myself..." He let out a small, sad laugh.

"That's pretty sad, lol."

Peter's hand trembled slightly as he opened the door, descending the stairs into a house that radiated a traditional Japanese aesthetic. The living room was cozy and warmly lit, with tatami mats on the floor and sliding shoji doors. An old TV from the 90s buzzed quietly in the background, displaying some news channel.

 An old TV from the 90s buzzed quietly in the background, displaying some news channel