Chapter Seven

Cody’s POV

It’s almost midnight, when I hear a knock on the door. I get out of bed, not having been asleep anyway, and go to open the door. When I open the door I see Rose standing there in a short tank top and a pair of shorts. She looks at me and says, “I’m sorry to bother you. I just couldn’t sleep.”

“It’s okay. I couldn’t sleep either.”

I invite her in and we sit on the couch together, leaving a cushion space between us. We sit in awkward silence for a few minutes before she asks, “Why’d you do it?”

“What?”

“Why’d you punch him?”

I shrug, not looking at her, “I didn’t like how he put his hands on you.”

“When? He had his hands on me the whole time. We were dancing together.”

“The whole time.” I admitted through gritted teeth.

She hesitates, looking over at me, “Then why didn’t you interfere before he kissed me?”

“Because you didn’t tell him ‘no’ until he kissed you.” I told her. When I look over at her, she’s already staring right at me. We make direct eye contact. I stare into her piercing blue eyes. Everything about her is captivating to me.

We continue to hold eye contact for a few seconds before she breaks the silence, “So, you only interfered because I told him ‘no’ and he didn’t listen?”

I nod, slightly confused, “Yeah….”

“Oh.”

“What?”

“Nothing,” she says as she looks down at her fidgeting hands. She pauses, looks over at me, hesitates, then asks, “Why didn’t you like the way he touched me while we danced?”

I hesitate, not knowing what to respond to that question. “Um...I-uh,” I cleared my throat, “I wanted it to be me, that you were dancing with. I wanted it to be my hands on your body, your hands on mine.” I answered truthfully, avoiding eye contact at first before looking over at her more confidently.

She pauses, avoiding eye contact, before saying, “Oh…?”

I stay silent, waiting for her to process what I just said. She sits there looking effortlessly beautiful, as she pursues her lips in thought. When she finally speaks, she says, “Then why haven’t you made a move?”

“Because I didn’t know if you wanted me to or not. I still don’t.”

She looks at me, “And what would you do if I told you that I do?”

“I’d do it. I’d do whatever you want me to.”

“What if I told you I wanted you to kiss me?”

“Rose, do you want me to kiss you?”

She looks back down at her hands, then back at me. Her eyes travel from my eyes, to my lips, then back to my eyes. Then she says, “Yes.”

__________________________________________

Author's note:
AAAHHH! Another chapter done!!!! So exciting. Let me know what you think.
They're getting closer, and are about to have their first kiss!! Yay!