Chapter Five

Cody’s POV

“Well, shit! It’s gonna be dark soon.” I ask.

“We’d better find somewhere to camp for the night. Find our way back in the morning,” she says, remaining completely calm. I nod, and we both follow the path for a few minutes longer before finding a small space beside the path with enough room between the trees to camp out for the night.

We tie the horses to a tree and unsaddle them for the night. We tie them long enough they can eat the grass at their feet but not long enough to where they can get tangled up and hurt themselves. Then we gather tree branches and sticks to make a small fire. We sit beside the fire together and continue our conversation. “What do you like to do on the weekends?” I ask her.

“Usually I ride horses with my siblings and mom sometimes. She doesn’t go with as much anymore since dad died. Or I go to parties with my friends.”

“Friends? Do I get to meet these friends?” I ask, smiling at her.

She laughs, “Sure, we're going to a party together tomorrow night.”

“Oh, fun.” I say smiling back at her. We sit there by the fire, talking for another hour or so, before going to sleep for the night.

The next morning, we get up and saddle the horses, and head off to find our way home. It takes us around 2 and a half hours to find our way back. When we arrive back at the barn, we unsaddle, put the tack up, and care for the horses. Then we go to the main house. We find Mrs. Thompson sitting at the kitchen table. When we walked in, she looked up at us before asking, “Where have you two been all night?”

Rose responds, “Sorry, mom. We had gone for a ride and ended up getting a little lost. We decided to camp out for the night instead of wandering around in the dark.”

“Oh. Okay. You made the right decision. What trail did you get lost on?” Julia says.

“A woodland trail that starts by the back pasture.” I answer.

“Oh. I didn’t know there was a trail back there.” She says.

“Me either, that’s why we got lost.” Rose tells her.

We ate some food before going about our day. I did my daily farm chores and Rose helped with some after she finished hers. By the time we finish everything that we had to do, it’s dinner time. We ate dinner and afterwards, Rose’s friends showed up.

“Hey, guys.” She greets them.

“Hey, girl. Are you ready to partyyyyy?!” a guy with green hair and brown eyes responds to her. He got his nose and ears pierced. He’s wearing a red hoodie and tight blue jeans.

“Of course!” She exclaims, laughing with her friends.

“Who’s this?” a girl with short brown hair and brown eyes asks, looking over at me.

“Oh. This is Cody, he works here on the farm.” She introduces me with a smile.

“Hey, nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you, too, Cody. I’m Charlotte,” the brown haired girl says.

“Ok, I should probably introduce you guys,” she says with a laugh, “This is Felix,” she points to the green haired boy, “and this is Harper,” she points to a redhead with glasses before pointing to a blue-haired girl, “and this Isabella, but we just call her Isa.” They had all waved as their name was called.

“Are you coming to the party with us?” Isabella asked.

“Yeah, you should come,” says Harper.

I look over at Rose in question, she smiles before giving me a slight nod, “I guess I’m going,” I say with a laugh.

“Yay,”  Isa says with a smile before turning to Rose, “Let’s go get ready.”

As they all walk off toward the house I hear someone whisper to Rose, “You didn’t tell us your new ranch hand was hot.” She just laughs at them, and I smile to myself, heading toward the barn to shower and change.

__________________________________________

Author's note:
Another chapter done!!!! Hope you like it. And we get to meet Rose's friends and learn more about Rose and Cody!
Are y'all ready for the party!?