Chapter Six

Rose’s POV

Me and my group of friends are all in my room getting ready for the party. Charlotte and Felix are sitting on my bed, Harper is sitting at my desk, and Isa is rummaging through my closet. We are all laughing at an impression of Brianna, the mean rich bitch, whose party we are going to tonight. We are going to Brianna and Rowan’s house party. They're the rich, popular kids in town. Bianna has bullied Charlotte for years, and the rest of us too. But most of us just snap back at her, but Charlotte is shy and doesn’t really do that. If we are with her when Brianna messes with her, we stand up for her, but we’re not always there. But we are invited to these parties by her brother, Rowan. He hits on me, and asks me out repeatedly. It’s kinda flattering.

I end up wearing jean shorts and a crop top with a flannel over top and my boots. Isa is wearing a denim mini skirt and a lacy black crop top with a denim jacket over top and black heel boots. Charlotte is wearing a floral dress that ends just above her knee, with peek-a-boo cutouts at the shoulders. Harper is wearing black, high-waisted, ripped jeans and cropped t-shirt with a leather jacket over top. Felix is wearing tight blue jeans that fit him perfectly and a button up top with his red hoodie tied around his waist.

We leave my room and walk out the house. When we get outside, I see Cody waiting by the truck already. He’s wearing black jeans and a flannel top, with a leather jacket. I smile at him and we all greet him. He then says to me, “Hey, you look great. Ready to go?”

“Thanks. Yeah, let’s go,” I responded, smiling.

We all pile into the truck, three in the back and three in the front. Cody's driving, I'm next to him, in the middle, Isa is next to me. Felix is behind Isa, Charlotte is in the middle, and Harper is behind Cody. We drove to the party and found somewhere to park. After finding somewhere to park, we get out and all go inside together.

We are all having fun, drinking, laughing, just having a good time together. A few minutes after we'd arrived, Rowan found me and pulled me away. Rowan was flirting with me and being nice. After talking to him for a few minutes, I went back to partying with my friends. Later that night, Rowan came back, drunk, and pulled me away again. He had wanted to dance. So I danced with him because I was slightly drunk as well and having a good time. After a while of dancing, Rowan got a little too touchy. I kept having to push his hands off certain parts of my body. I told him no repeatedly. When he kissed me, I pushed him off me and punched him.

Rowan then grabbed my arms and got in my face. Cody then came up behind me, saying, “I believe she's told you no.”

Rowan looks up at Cody taking his attention off me but not his hands. “And who the fuck are you?”

“The guy who's gonna kick your ass if you don't take your hands off her.”

Rowan laughs at him, “Oh yeah. I'd like to see you try.”

Cody smirks at him, before pulling me out of Rowan's grip. He swings and his fist makes contact with Rowan's jaw. Everyone around us turns to see what's going on. My friends come up behind me. We all stand there watching as Rowan and Cody fight each other. After a few minutes of them punching each other, some guys pull them apart. After that I walked out. I left them all standing there, leaving the housing and going outside.

I stood by the truck waiting for everyone to come out. After a few minutes, I calmed down and sobered up. The first person to walk out to the truck was Cody. He walked toward me, with a bloody nose, split lip, bruised knuckles, and bruises forming on the side of his face. I took a couple steps forward and examined the extent of the damage to his face. I put my hands on his shoulders and pushed him lightly. He groaned. “Why’d you do that?” He shrugs, like it wasn’t a big deal. Like this was an everyday occurrence. I shake my head, “You really didn’t need to do that. I was handling it.”

He looks me in the eyes and says, “Doesn’t matter. What’s done, is done.” Then he walks around the truck, getting in the driver’s seat. Then my friends all come out of the house at the same time, walking toward me and the truck. As they get closer, Felix asks, “You okay, girlie?”

“Yeah, I’m good. Let’s go home.”

It’s a silent trip back to the farm. When we get there we all pile out. Me and my friend going into the house, Cody going to the barn. It’s late so we all decide to go to bed for the night. Harper and Felix sleep in the upstairs guest bedroom, while Isa and Charlotte sleep in the downstairs guest bedroom. I toss and turn for hours. Eventually, I know I won’t be able to sleep, so I get up and go out to the barn.

__________________________________________

Author's note:
Another chapter done! I'm really proud of myself with this. I'm excited to see how far I go with this. I already have an idea for another book after this one is done. It's gonna be connected to this one but also stand-alone. It's gonna be about a character in this book, that will later be introduced.