ᴄʜ. 10

i cant act like a child and disobey, all that you want from me and that you say

"im sorry, baby"

"please, puppy"

im tryingg to be ultra mega happy /lyrics

————————————————

❝𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲.❞

𝐀𝐍 𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐉𝐎𝐁 𝐁𝐘 𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐈𝐊𝐔 𝐂𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋! "what do you think, natsuki-san!?" the sportscaster, with his exaggerated energy to make the commentary more interesting. it strains makoto's ears. "hes not captain of the known for its defense and quick-counters, the 'diamond generation', for nothing!!! its giving me goosebumps!"

natsuki-san gave his input, while aiku is practically living for the praise, fixing the captain armband on his arm. "isagi." makoto walks towards isagi, his hands in his pockets. "his play just now.. that's a defense that took into account the source of the pass, and the positioning of every player." makoto gave him a hint.

he knows exactly the play, as isagi smiles nervously, resting his hand behind his neck. "yeah, thats exactly what i was thinking, hirawa." 

"tell me , isagi. what's your thoughts? lets connect.

makoto's aura flared of egoism , hes the card that will allow a clearing, a path to a goal.

"..right, he was taking everything in an instant. he ran without heistation towards where he could do the most damage. that's the only way he could've cleared it." isagi explained his thought process, putting his fist over his mouth, narrowing his eyes.. finding the correct words to say.

"the 'reflex' that i want to use in order to score goals.. i can only assume that this guy can use that in defense!" coming to conclusions, theres still some more points to connect, makoto will help him correct his thought process. "his eyes have high spatial awareness. isagi, nothing would be possible unless it was for his physicality, that body that allows for powerful dashing and jumping."

"hirawa, i've done my research with game recordings, but actually playing against them is a completely different story.. compared to the defenders ive faced so far, this kind of defense is on a whole other level!" isagi looks back aiku, and makoto calmly looks at his direction. the defender. "correct. that is what makes up oliver aiku."

"..isagi, the true threat is itoshi sae. keeping him in your peripheral is probably the best thing yet to do. thats what im doing, because the moment he gets the ball.. hes probably digested every single information about everyone." makoto advises isagi, hes still worried.. but he thinks that aiku is a threat only when it comes to scoring a goal.

"here comes the throw-in!" aiku's voice can be heard in the distance, however.. the forward prodigy only focuses on isagi. "unless we can crush aiku, we wont be able to win this match!" isagi makes his final word, as makoto now starts glare, sensing isagi's uneasiness. "are you stressing, isagi?" "huh—? no, no im not!"

"then ill pair up with you, alright?" mako basically announces to isagi, as isagi widened his eyes a little. "..i thought you were pairing up only with rin?" "i am, but ill also pair up with you. you have potential, ill make you stand out along with rin with my passes." isagi cant help but feel grateful, nodding with a smile on his face.

so much for a being who says slurs online like theres no tomorrow, right—?

as restart begins, chigiri throws overhead toward isagi, makoto following him. he wont let isagi and rin out of his sight.. 'but breaking directly through the center will be difficult. no matter how much i trade passes with rin and makoto, aslong as aiku's watching, we wont be able to get past easily..!'  isagi turns his gaze quickly over to otoya,