ᴄʜ. 7

———————————

❝𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐖.❞

𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐖, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐎𝐓𝐀𝐋 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐈𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍.. 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 𝐌𝐀𝐍 𝐎𝐁𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐎𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐋 𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄, jinpachi ego was holding some kind of noteclip board, his eyes as cold as ever.. fixing his glasses, speaking up.. "when a person focus on something, they can get so absorbed in their work that they dont notice the passage of time." he takes a small pause to look around the room, his eyes landing at makoto.

"taking enjoyment in the process, their brains enter into a state of excitement. to put it simply, thats 'flow'." using hand gestures, the coach's face darkens slightly, as he raises his hand, not stopping in speaking.. "..and this state can also occur in sports , football is not an exception." he waved his hand a bit.

"think back, the moment you broke out of your shells, after coming here.." using his words, playing his cards.. he made some of the players think about their past experiences. "you must have experienced it. a moment where you put everything into a play." isagi's head was already running in circles, after those words, getting shot into a frenzy 

.. and makoto can tell. quietly chuckling.

"something funny?" ego spoke up, unamused.. makoto was the opposite, with a small smile, a bit amused.. "nothing at all, continue." 

"..childish winger." ego sighs, whispering under his breath annoyed. "id just like to add on."

 "..and that is?" 

makoto slowly walked over to ego, making that tall ass 6"2 ½ former professional football player lean down a little, so he can whisper. ego widened his eyes a bit. how could that slip his mind. "ill tell them later." he shrugged. makoto just sighed, walking away, sitting down next to isagi next.

isagi shot him a glance, before staring forward at ego. "..so, that begs the question, how does one enter the state of flow? well, there are several conditions, but.." he tilted his head , looking around his players, he cant help but feel a tinge of excitement bubbling inside of him, because of how far they've came, but he knows its still early to celebrate. 

"the one i want most to discuss is 'challenge-centered focus'." isagi was shocked, sweatdropping and his lips parting slightly, makoto only shrugged.. he was told all of this before hand. "this involves attempting an objective at a suitable level of difficulty." ego began tapping on the screen of the ipad hes holding, nevermind., its not a noteboard thing— makoto must've been hallucinating. "take a look at this figure."

he points at the figure, it was a small chart, instead of thinking about the actual meaning of the chart— makoto stared at the chibi drawn, he saw it as cute.

"this shows you the balance between skill and challenge, that is necessary to enter 'flow'. to put it shortly.. one cannot achieve flow when in a 'bored' or 'anxious' state..." he also pointed at the cute knight diagram vs monster. mako found that real cute, before he started focusing again.

"which is why 'challenge-centered focus'  is about accurately understanding your abilities, gaining control over them, and setting up clear suitable goals for yourself." makoto was listening clearly, but isagi is someone who uses alot of expressions.. isagi widened his eyes, and sweat dropped slightly.. his lips parting.

"that, is how you can immerse yourself in a flow state. it is in such moments that mankind takes new steps forwards, and push themselves up to higher heights— meaning..." ego really likes doing that, pausing for a few minor seconds for some sort of suspense. "plays that may seem like 'miracles' to others.. are in fact, brought by your individual state of 'flow'."