A Study Session, A Soul Search

Makoto: "Ren~ It's time to go to school!"

Ren: "Hrrrm?? Oh... Oh! Good morning, mommy..."

Makoto: "Tch... Come, now. You want to get used to your wand, right? Don't you have a promise you need to keep?"

As she said that, I remembered the promise I made to Kana. The blanket over me shot up off of the bed and onto the ceiling.

Ren: "Argh, you're right!! Clear the way, I have to get ready fast!"

I had to speedrun my morning preparations. Brushing my teeth, getting dressed, straightening my overall appearance, eating breakfast, and getting out of that front door. As I flew through the front door, and waved Mom goodbye, I held my wand in my mouth and stretched my arms out, pretending to be an airplane. On my way to school, I hopped and skipped around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Even though I knew no spells, just having the wand was enough to make me feel like a young prince! A lot of other kids who were on the way looked at me like I was a loonie and I ran passed a brown haired kid who chuckled at me, but other than that, I didn't care. As long as I could keep my promise and learn some magic.

Ren: "Eheheheheeeee! Hahaha!! I'm finally gonna do some magic!!"

"Hah! Man, today must have something crazy in store for him to be this hyper!.... Hey, uh- H-Hey, look out!!"

I was barely able to process what he said as a danced onward, but it was too late. I forgot the number one rule of crossing the street, look both ways before crossing, and as I leaped like a moron, a trucks horns blared as I saw my life flash before my eyes. Graduation, making a family, my future lover... Wait... Does she have pink hair?

"Metalekio!"

The sound of electricity, a tug at my collar, and all of a sudden, I'm safely on the other side of the sidewalk. That brown haired kid had me by the collar while panting, and the trucker came to a full stop see if he hit me. Afterwards, he continued on.

Ren: "..."

"Phew..... Hey, uh... You alright? Did anything get broken?"

I was barely able to say anything. I felt a cold sensation going down my leg. All the color on my body was leaking onto the ground. Once I came to, the color snapped back onto me.

Ren: "No, I'm fine... WHEEEEEEE!"

"Oh....kay, then... J-Just be careful, dude!"

Crisis averted, though I feel like I could've behaved myself much better. I didn't even thank him, but it was going to be an exciting day. Anyway, I made my way to school. It seemed like most kids layed off of the fool jokes. I brought my wand, so most of them were really just surprised... Luckily, they never asked me to cast a spell. Surprisingly, the day was very decent. And even better, the time for recess was nigh. Finally, time for some magic! Off to the doors we charged. This time, no force spell to take me down.

"Hey, did you see he brought a wand?"

"Yeah, everybody did! He was toting it all over the school!"

"No clothes to go with it, though... Can he still come on wizkid turf?"

"Not a chance! Without the full getup, he can't come in. Who knows if he even knows any spells? Without them, he's just a regular kid with a stick."

Well, at least they weren't rude, just painfully accurate. But, soon enough, I'll show all of them wrong. Just need to find Kana-san.
I went back to the cubby hole me and her fit into, but I couldn't find her. I tried to comb the playground from even a strand of her hair. No Luck.

Kana: "What's-a-matter, Ren baby? You lookin' for me?"

Ren: "Satonaka-san!!"

I lunged at her for a hug, and accidentally took her down to the ground.