11. she wants to speak

okay , what does it say?" katrina looks over to luna , questions swirling in her eyes. "she wants to speak, and I really don't wanna get my hopes up if it's not her," luna says with a sigh, shrugging her shoulders.

"how about you dm this mystery person, and if it's her, take it from there. but don't stress about the unknown love," and with that, the drive back was filled with comfort and peace.

"20, the girls aren't asleep yet, including harper ... nah , 50, they're sleeping, and their sleeping positions are all over. plus , as soon as we wake them up, it will be like they weren't even sleeping," luna says, laughing as they head to the elevator. true to luna's prediction, as soon as they arrive in katrina's room, the girls are indeed sleeping. harper in the middle with her legs on kyra's stomach, charli on the side, half of her body on the bed, and kyra's head next to harper but arm dangling off the bed.

katrina laughs, handing luna the money as she walks over to the girls, luna following before stopping katrina to take a picture of the girls.

"bambina , wake up, my loves," and with that, the girls wake up, first scouting their surroundings before launching questions at the two women they see as motherly figures.

"whoa , you'll just woke up. but we wanna know," kyra whines out. "and we will tell , y'all , as soon as you've prepared for bed, assuming you guys will be sleeping here," luna asks with her eyebrows raised.

"yeah ." "okay then, prep up, then we'll tell you how everything went." that seems like the motivation to get the girls moving, leaving the two women in giggles trying not to wake harper up.

and with that, they tell the girls how the date went, leaving out some details. after that, they all cuddled up on katrina's seemingly big bed and told each other stories that happened when they are apart.

"so kyra lives with you." "she doesn't, but with the number of days she sleeps there... ayy , I do go to my apartment. bambina , how many times have you been at home with teyah? she even said it feels like she lives alone again," luna says, laughing.

kyra looks at luna jokingly with a glare. "you're making me feel bad. It's okay, kyra . charlie is the same, but she eventually moved in," katrina says with a shrug, while charlie looks at her with a really look while laughing.

"see , ky ?" luna says, laughing at both of the younger girls' red faces. "it's just, you guys made everything easier, especially how you literally adapted to changes for us in your lives. kyra love, we wouldn't change anything about you guys seeing us as families away from your real families. yeah , it makes me really happy that you see us as motherly figures that can comfort you. plus , I like having two chaotic daughters always calling me at two in the morning to ask how to make pasta."

"it was one time!!!" charlie exclaims. "still happy to help, stellina," luna chuckles.

with the movie playing, luna attempted to move, but charlie's arms stopped her. "stay , please," she urged. luna snuggled with charlie , while her other arm connected with katrina , who spooned harper and kyra . not even five minutes into the movie, the girls were asleep again.

"that didn't take long—yeah, sure didn't," someone remarked.

katrina gazed at Luna with eyes swirling with fondness and love. "i like our little family, and hopefully, this family will have another member soon." luna , overwhelmed with emotion, didn't know how to reply; her eyes glistened with tears. "I love you guys so much, always and forever." as luna tried to leave, charlie wouldn't let go. "why don't you stay? I mean, it's not like you can get out—are you sure?" luna chuckled and snuggled in further.

next morning

samantha may kerr , shut up; you'll wake them up. but they look adorable; they really do look cute. can you guys shut up? you will wake them up, and I, for one, would not like to experience mini's anger for waking up her wife and kids," Eve exclaims.