9. date night

pov: kyra

charlie , we should convince mini and ma to go on a date."

"I literally was going to suggest this because they've both been cooped up with their jobs and us."

"so after the bonding, we should get rid of them, maybe ask for some help from the oldies."

"you know they don't like being called that, right?"

"yeah , yeah."

with that, charlie and I took off, heading to rass and mary's room for the team bonding.

pov: third person

soon enough, the room filled up with the girls.

"so this team bonding is just us updating each other, you know, getting to know what's been going on—exhibit A: mini's new relationship," the girls cheer.

"there's really not much to say, guys, other than we're both happy. She's everything I could ask for, and her bond with harper is an amazing bonus."

all the girls: ncooooh!

"luna really is amazing, and the way she's adjusted so well with us and has been an amazing help," caitlin says with a huge smile.

"yeah , and how she's taken me and kyra under her wing—especially considering how chaotic we are. kyra continues after charlie" there were times when I felt homesick at arsenal , and I didn't feel like bothering steph or caitlin . She would automatically know, how—I don't know how she does it, but immediately when she sees me, she would hug—and...whuu sorry guys—it's okay, kyra ."

she reassures me that all is for the best, and that I've got a family in the Arsenal girls, and I shouldn't feel ashamed to ask for help," kyra finishes off while playing with her fingers.

soon after, everyone shared their feelings and how they were handling things, basically turning it into a therapy session for everyone.

After a while, everyone started heading out to dinner.

"okay , guys, before mini comes in with luna , can you help us convince them to go on a date night since they haven't had some time to be together?" kyra shouts out loud, standing on a chair.

"easy —thank you, clare . me and charlie will look after harper —why don't we have a movie night, seeing as tomorrow we don't have training?" ellie suggests.

"okay , so after dinner, we're heading to the chill room."

with that, the couple enters, with luna carrying a sleeping Harper.

"finally , thought I was going to starve to death," sam expresses with a loud sigh. "lo juro ante dios ." "(I swear to god) ay, ay, english please, some of us are not as smart as you ."

"anyways hand harper over because you two will not be eating with us", alanna chimes in.

"what do mean — you and mini will be having a night out". the two women look at each other, "baby did you plan something — not that i know of mi amor"

"none of you planned anything, your children came up with a idea of you spending some time together and don't worry all is taken care of, you just need to dress up look good and enjoy your time"

both women look up to the two girl's that they came know as daughters with a fond smile, thanking them for the kind gesture, "oh , mia piccola stella e bambina, grazie mille (Oh my little star and baby girl, thank you so much)," it's a pleasure ma, plus you and mini have given everything, so it's our turn to say thank you — wait you understand what nana said ", mary and sam ask with a surprised look.