"I'll be back before nine, I don't know."

Don't gotta explain shit to her ass I'm grown.

...

     "I remember when I was a kid I always wanted to get a fish. Only because I loved watching Finding Nemo." Kacie pointed at the fish swimming around in the huge tank as we walked through the aquarium.

I don't know why I decided that this is where we should go because it didn't interest me at all, it just seemed like something she would like. Kacie gave off the art museum, arcade, pottery date, kind of girl.

The most romantic thing I had done for a girl was a picnic. I usually didn't do dates a lot.

"I use to want a snake." I shrugged.

My mama basically told me that I could have one too.

"A snake? That's crazy." She chuckled.

"It's normal little boy shit." I laughed along with her, watching her eyes light up when we approached the tortoises.

"You can't tell me they aren't cute."

I stared at the tortoise trying to see what cuteness she saw in that ugly ass animal. "Nah, they ain't cute at all."

"You're crazy," She shook her head as we kept walking.

This aquarium wasn't the most exciting to me but it seemed as if Kacie was enjoying it and that's what made me happy. Watching her eyes light up when she saw one of her favorite animals was cute as hell. Kacie herself was cute as hell and I hope she knew it.

"What made you wanna come here?" She asked me.

"It seemed like something that you would like. Was I right?"

"A hundred percent right. I love animals. I used to want all kinds of pets when I was a kid but my parents always told me no." She sighed.

"My mom said yes to everything I asked for no matter how crazy it was, even a snake. I just ended up never getting it."

"Your mother seems nice." She smiled as we sat down on a bench outside of the aquarium, taking a break from walking before we decided to get food.

"She's a crackhead," I said nonchalantly. "How's your mother?"

"Oh.. mine is complicated."

"How so?" I asked.

"She's been diagnosed with cervical cancer. Before that we had a pretty good relationship, but now it's just been terrible.."

"I-I am sorry to hear that." I stuttered over my words unsure what to say since it left her mouth so calmly.

"It's okay." She laughed before an awkward silence took over us. "I like you, like a lot."

"Huh?" My eyes widened.

"I said I like food, I like food a lot. How about we—"

"I heard you the first time, Cici." I laughed at how she tried to play it off, but I heard her loud and clear the first time.

"So why would you say huh?" She rolled her eyes.

"I like you too, Kacie."

I had liked her ever since my first tutoring session with her pretty much. She was pretty and funny, and she was my saving grace of graduating.

"I don't know why—"

I cut her off by kissing her slowly. It was obvious that she was shocked because it took her a second to kiss back but when she did it felt like something out of a Disney movie.

This might just be love at second link.

"Now let's get something to eat." I said as she just sat there looking stunned. "You good?"

"Aye okay!" She laughed.

"Okay pirate.."

...