So I opened the door to look at my wife, looking at the mirror while applying vermillion on her hair line.

So fucking pretty

Both her voice and her looks.....

Mann yeh saahib ji haan karta bahane

Naina nawaabi ji na samjhe ishaare

Dheere dheere nainon ko dheere dheere

Jiya ko dheere dheere bhaayo re saibo

Dheere dheere begana dheere dheere

Apna sa dheere dheere laage re saibo.......

Suddenly her eyes snapped at me through the mirror which grew like she saw a ghost or something.

"Your voice is beautiful"

Why did you say this to her fool!

"It is?" She asked me in disbelief as if she didn't know about how fucking beautiful her voice is.

"Trust me when I say that when I like something, I mean it" I came closer to her while her eyes looked down at the floor.

Upon reaching her, I extended my hand to grab the only earring she had kept on the dressing table, the one I gifted her this morning.

I gently opened its screw from the back

"May I?"

She nodded in approval, still looking directly in my eye through the mirror. I leaned down a bit so that I don't hurt her ear while helping her wear her jhumka.

She was so close to me, her smell lingering in the air surrounding us. She smells just like freshly baked vanilla cupcakes, which are my favourite.

"Done" I said and looked at her whole outfit for the first time.

Her off white lehenga had pink and blue flower detailings and had sequins which reflected in different colours when exposed to light. She only wore her nuptial chain and earrings as jewellery which made her look elegant.

Just like a queen

"Isme bhi aap kya help kar denge?" She turned towards me and held up some bangles which she didn't wear yet.

(Can you help me with this too?)

"Dijiye" i took hold of the bangles with one hand and the wrist on the other. Slowly i sectioned the bangles and started sliding them down her wrist.

(Give)

After her right hand, i took hold of the left one to do the same, when I noticed something. It was a little bird, i didn't realise that I started gently moving my thumb on top of the tattoo untill a hand grabbed my wrist.

My eyes looked up and met with the brownish green eyes I have become acquainted with "We are getting late" her voice which was like sweet nectar ten minutes ago, was now sounding heavy with emotions.

It must mean something to her so i nodded and left the room without uttering a single word.

Adhira's POV

"Your voice is beautiful"

He said that to me?

He said that my voice was actually beautiful?

I decided to sing one my favourite songs in a real long time for just myself. Before today, Aradhya was the only one who listened to me singing something to her.

But today this man heard me sing when even my parents didn't hear me sing for almost four years now.

Maybe if this all didn't happen, i wouldn't be here or i would have still taken up the offer i was given too but I guess this was destiny.